Announcement

Collapse

New Combat Side Stroke Guide

Improve your swim. Download the free Naval Special Warfare Combat Side Stroke Guide.

Download: http://www.sealswcc.com/PDF/naval-sp...roke-guide.pdf
See more
See less

How exactly to train

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How exactly to train

I am new in the pst and to be honest even though I pass, my scores are not all that great. Then again I only slept for 3 hours before taking the pst, don't know why but anxiety got to me and I couldn't sleep but anywho.....my question is how exactly should you train to get a better score and better prepare yourself for bud/s? I been told by my mentor to do an upper/lower body split like it says on the 26 week program
    but should I do straight sets? or should I do my workout as a circuit? for running I know to pick up speed my mentor told me to start doing interval training so I dont jog and instead sprint and take longer strides for my 1.5 mile run
    so my question is pretty much how exactly should your training go? straight sets with 1-2 mins rest before performing another set? or circuit training? pretty much doing 3-4 excercises with no rest?

Re: How exactly to train

Read Mike Caviston's post in the strength training forum called "Strength Training: Start Here", it's at the top of the page. The short answer is yes to everything. Mix it up. Record your results and compare to see if you are making any gains. Mike goes into much greater detail, though and I highly recommend reading his post and not just going off of what I said here. It'll explain everything.

Comment

Re: How exactly to train

Originally posted by tfranc View Post
      Read Mike Caviston's post in the strength training forum called "Strength Training: Start Here", it's at the top of the page. The short answer is yes to everything. Mix it up. Record your results and compare to see if you are making any gains.
      Definitely agree with mixing up your workouts. Not every week per se, but after weeks of training using the same routine in the same way your body adapts to it, so switch it up a bit. It's also important to keep records of your workouts (use a smartphone, notebook, anything) in order to gauge your progress.

Comment

Working...
      X