Announcement

Collapse

New Combat Side Stroke Guide

Improve your swim. Use the Naval Special Warfare Combat Side Stroke Guide.

Visit: http://www.sealswcc.com/navy-seal-co...oke-guide.html
See more
See less

Completely out of shape

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Completely out of shape

Insaniak, like most have said diet is a huge part. A few years back I gained about 40 pounds one winter in college. When I moved back home for the summer I went on an Gluten-free diet. I have IBS and read this diet would work well for it also. I didn't eat gluten, corn (including corn syrup), sugar, sucralose or sucrose (sweetener substitute), maltodextrin (preservatives), or fungus (like yeast.) With basically no added exercise I dropped about 50 pounds and then plateaued at an average weight over about 2.5 months, which is what the diet is designed to do (also shows you if you're allergic to any of those things.) I'm not saying do what I did but try and stay away from preservatives and sweetener substitutes, use honey, and maybe try limiting gluten. It's in everything and can cause you to hold weight. Just eat fresh, eat lots of color, and make as much yourself as you can so you know exactly what you're eating. Couple this with exercise and you should have no problem getting to where you want to be.

Hope this helps you.

Comment

I'm not sure this is still a open thread, but I have a simple way to lose weight. Sense your so.... "dense" your body is well insulated. So as much as walking will get your heart rate up more than usual and you will burn fat. The trick I have found is when you first wake up before you do anything or eat go walk. 30min-1h is a good time. Work your way up to an hour walk. Once you feel that walking is so effortless and you feel like its not hard enough. Power walk, start going for distance in a specific time frame. You will burn body fat because your body hasn't consumed energy in the form of calories in roughly 8 hours. (Saying that you get 8 hours of sleep that night) So your working on stored energy alone. Its a very simple plan, as simple as walking. Maybe after a few weeks, maybe a month or 2 you can start jogging one day out of the week. And slowly progress your way up. Keep wiry of muscular imbalances that might happen. Walking can cause tight hip flexors, lower back, glutes, and other muscles. So keep track of your posture. There are plenty of threads about muscular imbalances. Make sure your posture is good before you start a really running program because if you don't you could run into plateaus, injuries, extra aches and pains early in training programs. I would recommend getting some exercise bands. I bought a three pack at sports authority for about 15 dollars. I'm sure its something similar at your local store. Start small with some upper body workouts and lower body; work up through the bands. Then onto weights. ALWAYS keep track of your posture because you can get muscular imbalances in your upper body. I would advice buying a foam roller to save yourself alot of time trying to stretch a muscle that just doesn't want to. They can be priced around 50 dollars. They have different types. I own 2. One is a high density, I use it to workout really tough muscles that are really tight and to follow up after my softer one. I use the softer one to work muscles that are extremely tight that hurt unbearably when foam rolling. You can research the correct way to foam roll. Its pretty simple, if it hurts, thats good. It means your doing it correctly. The muscle is inflamed and tight, its going to hurt very badly. Sit on the hotspots and breath; really simple. I hope that is helpful to some degree. Good luck.

Comment

I would start with the PTG, it is like having answers to a test that was freely given by the teachers. I also recommend writing at least a paragraph, why you want to become a Navy SEAL. When you finish that paragraph, hold on to every word in your mind and never forget it.
        HM2(FMF) Taylor, Keith
        I am the one called "DOC"

Comment

Cool idea with the paragraph ^^

Whatever you do, start out very small, especially if you are overweight. The 3 mile minimum for the PTG's running plan may even be too much.

It's always better to start out small, build an extremely solid foundation and grow from there than it is to try and jump to heights you aren't physically ready for. Exercise caution and stretch/hydrate often. It will take time, but it will be worth it. Your biggest challenge will be getting back into a routine.

Comment

Working...
          X