Announcement

Collapse

New Combat Side Stroke Guide

Improve your swim. Use the Naval Special Warfare Combat Side Stroke Guide.

Visit: http://www.sealswcc.com/navy-seal-co...oke-guide.html
See more
See less

Thoughts on my workout program

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on my workout program

Hello all. So to brief you on my program, I will say it is based off of the PTG but I've made a couple modifications. The modifications are due to the fact that I wanted to add an extra day of swimming and running per week to make the total for each 4. In some ways, this looks to me like I may be overloading but I do allow myself rest. I was shut up now and let you speculate and give feedback if you feel you should. Anything is helpful, so thanks to all of those that respond. I wasn't sure if I could put a picturr on here so I just made a video of my program. You can pause the video to view it. http://youtu.be/0Kb4r1duVmk

Re: Thoughts on my workout program

I cannot view the video, its on private.

Comment

Sorry, it should be good.

Comment

The only thing I could add is be careful with the volume of your calisthenics. You have a very high frequency here and have also an Upper lift paired with a calis workout, that's not to say you cant adjust it to your preference though. Try it for a while and see if that is ideal, again, low volume.

Comment

Originally posted by Calvin. View Post
          Hello all. So to brief you on my program, I will say it is based off of the PTG but I've made a couple modifications. The modifications are due to the fact that I wanted to add an extra day of swimming and running per week to make the total for each 4. In some ways, this looks to me like I may be overloading but I do allow myself rest. I was shut up now and let you speculate and give feedback if you feel you should. Anything is helpful, so thanks to all of those that respond. I wasn't sure if I could put a picturr on here so I just made a video of my program. You can pause the video to view it. http://youtu.be/0Kb4r1duVmk
          Looks like a good start. A couple thoughts:

- You've limited your running and swimming to LSDs and INTs. Is there a reason you omitted CHIs?

- You didn't include Sunday on your program. Programming your rest days is just as important as programming your training days.

- When are you doing prehab/injury prevention?

- If you want to add an extra LSD run and/or swim, Sunday is a good day to put it . Use it as active recovery to work some of the gunk out of your system. Maybe combine a LSD run and swim by halving each and doing them back to back. One of my favorite recovery workouts is an easy 20min swim + easy 20min bike + easy 20min run followed by an hour of foam rolling and stretching.

- Monday: Stacking a LSD swim on top of an INT run and calisthenics is a ton of work, especially for someone just starting out. Ditto on Saturday's INT swim, LSD run, lower-body weight training, and core work. Be careful. Listen to your body. Do the work you're capable of performing safely, not the work that you want to be able to do.

My two cents.

Comment

Working...
          X