Announcement

Collapse

New Combat Side Stroke Guide

Improve your swim. Use the Naval Special Warfare Combat Side Stroke Guide.

Visit: http://www.sealswcc.com/navy-seal-co...oke-guide.html
See more
See less

Extreme seal experience

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extreme seal experience

I didnt know where to post this so i figured this was the best place. Anyway i was just wondering if this is a good camp and will get me ready for life at buds or atleast a look at what buds and being a navy seal is all about?

Personally, I love the camp. I've been down twice, and will be going again in June for another two weeks. It isn't a perfect reflection of BUD/S, but it can give you a small glimpse of what it might be like. It's a good gut check and a way to see if it's something you want to pursue.

Comment

Just wish it wasn't so expensive

Comment

too expensive. but i bet it'd be fun!
        "What this power is, I cannot say. All I know is that it exists...and it becomes available only when you are in that state of mind in which you know exactly what you want...and are fully determined not to quit until you get it." - Graham Bell

"Most people who fail in their dream fail not from lack of ability but from lack of commitment"

Comment

I am doing the operator course, but yea i wanna go to see if thats what i really wanna do in life.

Comment

Going down in August for two weeks and I'm pretty excited. Not EXPECTING it to be a great preparation for BUD/S, but rather an awesome opportunity to meet a great group of guys who are aspiring to become SEALs, learn some cool stuff, and, of course, meet the guys that have lived my dream. Sounds like it's gonna be a lot of fun and a nice learning experience.

Comment

Have any of you looked into the SEALFIT KOKORO camp. I feel this camp would be better prep for BUD/S.

Comment

If you have the money my advice is go! I have been myself and it is worth every penny! enjoyed everything about it especially the food!

Comment

Just wanted to follow up and tell about the experience I had. It was a great course!! It's not a very physically demanding course but it's not easy either. The instructors teach and show you stuff that only seals know, and give you lots of advice. Lots of CQC and boat stuff. Overall if you can afford it, do it, I got lots of great advice and future references I can use to get a seal contract

Comment

asheboro Did you guys do a lot of running down there? I only ask because my running ability at the moment is not necessarily up to par. What about swimming and underwater stuff? That's my element. Also, about how many guys were in your class this time.
                    I'm heading down in about a week for both courses.

Comment

No not much running, swimming, or underwater stuff. I think I swam 800m maybe 3 or 4 times. I didn't do any long distance runs, just mostly sprints. Hell night was a lot of log pt, wall sits, push ups and a few swims but it was with your boat crew so it's not like swimming by yourself. But you will have different instructors so there is no telling😆 But don't worry about it, we had 22 guys with in my class and 2 of then we're over 50 and they didn't ever get much behind

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

Comment

As great as it sounds it's too expensive and there's nothing like BUD/s except for BUD/s.

Comment

Originally posted by LGwalkway View Post
                            As great as it sounds it's too expensive and there's nothing like BUD/s except for BUD/s.
                            Yes exactly, if your going to see what Buds is like your wasting your money. If your going to see a little what everyday seal life is like, it's perfect.

Comment

Yeah it would be fun to go. It would be pretty cool to meet Don as well. I'm poor, so I wouldn't be able to afford to go. Seems like it would be a good time camping out up there though

Comment

Working...
                              X