Announcement

Collapse

New Combat Side Stroke Guide

Improve your swim. Use the Naval Special Warfare Combat Side Stroke Guide.

Visit: http://www.sealswcc.com/navy-seal-co...oke-guide.html
See more
See less

Athleanx?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Athleanx?

"What's up guys", anyone have any experiece with this program? Just wanted to know ya'll are getting out of it. I have been using the TactiX(For obvious reasons) month long program.

I think that it's another one of these programs that's great for getting sedentary people up off the couch and looking/feeling better. I think it's far from the best program to get you prepared to take the PST.

Comment

Originally posted by tfranc View Post
      I think that it's another one of these programs that's great for getting sedentary people up off the couch and looking/feeling better. I think it's far from the best program to get you prepared to take the PST.
      Which programs did you use?

Comment

Don't know about tfranc, but I use the PTG, it's made by NSWC, and its use is to prepare potential candidates for the PST. Its by far the best program to use to prepare yourself. I personally tried other programs, like SEALFIT and Crossfit WODs, which are, like tfranc said, programs that are useful to people who are couch potatoes and want to see physical gains.
        "Discipline Equals Freedom" - John "Jocko" Willink

Comment

Yep, same here. PTG. Completely free and developed by NSW - hard to go wrong there.

Adding to what EasyDay said, too many of us fall into the trap of "more is better" and that pain/soreness are indicators of a successful training program. This is what a lot of the mainstream fitness industry, as well as the older generation of former SEAL's have told us/shoved down our throats. The truth is that a WOD, or any of these other P90x type programs, are exercise and we don't want to be merely exercising - what we want is to be doing is training.

Exercise is about today. It's about getting hot, sweaty and tired and feeling like you did something. We like to pretend that multiple exercise sessions stacked on top of each other day after day get us where we want to be. We like to pretend that we build strength and endurance in the gym, on the track or in the pool and that more is better. Both of these things couldn't be further from the truth. We believe that we need to "confuse the muscle" to generate progress. You know what happens when you try to "confuse the muscle"? You get sore. You know what the only thing soreness is indicative of? A lack of adaptation to an exercise. You know what's happening when you're sore workout after workout? You're not adapting to the stress you're placing on your body, aka, you're wasting your time and effort spinning your wheels. Some mild soreness is ok, but chronic DOMS is bad, because it means we aren't letting our bodies adapt.

We need to be following a program that is going to get us from A (where we are now) to B (acing the PST) in the most efficient way possible. The only way to accomplish this is using a training program - where all the exercises, sets and reps are designed specifically to produce clearly defined end goals in performance. In other words, each detail about the program is transparent and easily connectable to the end goal in mind. The way you design the best program is to be as knowledgable as possible about the process of getting from A-B: NSW research team. They have spent countless hours studying candidates and perfecting the PTG. They are constantly making improvements as they reevaluate. That is the kind of programming you want to be running.

Comment

I don't think his program would be very beneficial for preparing for the PST and such, BUT he has many videos on youtube that are some of the most helpful exercise videos I've ever seen. He has a video for just about every major physical problem and is very no BS and straight to the solution. Don't let the clickbaitish look of his videos fool you they are usually extremely beneficial and I recommend everyone on here check them out. As for his program I think it is unnecessary for our purposes. I would also suggest people check out Red Delta Project's videos he has some interesting ideas and applications to physical fitness.

Comment

Working...
            X