Announcement

Collapse

New Combat Side Stroke Guide

Improve your swim. Use the Naval Special Warfare Combat Side Stroke Guide.

Visit: http://www.sealswcc.com/navy-seal-co...oke-guide.html
See more
See less

Decent training itinerary?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decent training itinerary?

(SEAL in training)

I bought Jeff Nichols Hypotraphy

????program and am planning on taking each of his courses. Other than that I was planning on taking scuba lessons to increase my comfort in water as well as doing the shark dive a few times at an aquarium. I was also planning on doing things like the tough mudder, marathons, going to a rock climbing gym and going sky diving a few times.

Wise or wacky?

???????Side Note: I'm 5'10" 132 pounds.

SEAL in training? As in training for BUD/S I'd assume?
    • Jeff Nichols programs: he definitely knows what he's doing, if you have the money for all his programs go for it
    • Scuba lessons: sound fun, beneficial but not necessary, if you have the money give it a whirl
    • Shark dive a few times: sounds fun, absolutely no correlation to SEAL training but sure
    • Tough Mudder, marathons, rock climbing, sky diving: none are necessary to become a SEAL but they sound fun so have at it
    You're gonna need a lot of money. Also you'll want to put on some pounds. Hypertrophy sounds like a good start

Comment

Originally posted by pkom96 View Post
      SEAL in training? As in training for BUD/S I'd assume?
      • Jeff Nichols programs: he definitely knows what he's doing, if you have the money for all his programs go for it
      • Scuba lessons: sound fun, beneficial but not necessary, if you have the money give it a whirl
      • Shark dive a few times: sounds fun, absolutely no correlation to SEAL training but sure
      • Tough Mudder, marathons, rock climbing, sky diving: none are necessary to become a SEAL but they sound fun so have at it
      You're gonna need a lot of money. Also you'll want to put on some pounds. Hypertrophy sounds like a good start
      Thank you for answering all the thinga I put into this post and reading my long winded deal haha. Another member recommended the pst program on here as well.

I figured doing a shark dive and scuba lessons would increase my confidence in the water.

I work a part time and a full time job so the programs are relatively affordable alongside my monthly bills etc

Comment

I’ve completed all of his programs and have trained in person with him, he 100% knows what he’s doing and I would definitely do all of his programs. That being said, don’t do all that other crap unless it’s a hobby or something. If you’re doing it in hopes of getting more prepared for training then don’t. It’s a waste of time and money. You’ll get plenty comfortable in the pool. When/if you get to actual SEAL training they’ll teach you all of that fun stuff and they’ll teach you the right way. Also, study up ahead for the ASVAB. Your English doesn’t look the best so I’d fix that up a little. Other wise, good luck to you.

Comment

Working...
        X