Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Official Podcast Now Posted!

The Official Navy SEAL & SWCC podcast, "The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday", is now posted in the Downloads section https://www.sealswcc.com/navy-seal-podcast.html. Hear from real, active duty Navy SEALs, SWCC, and key support staff from NSW as they talk training, requirements, ethos, and more. Hooyah!
2 of 2 < >

New Combat Side Stroke Guide

Improve your swim. Use the Naval Special Warfare Combat Side Stroke Guide.

Visit: http://www.sealswcc.com/navy-seal-co...oke-guide.html
See more
See less

Guys working 9-5. How do you train?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guys working 9-5. How do you train?

For those older guys working regular 9-5 jobs, how do you structure your program? Do you work out in the morning, squeeze something in during lunch, train in the evening? How do you schedule your work outs around your work schedule?

I workout in the morning then after.

Comment

I'm fortunate that my job allows me to have a flexible schedule due to my education and my other goals that I have set for myself. Right now, I work mon-fri from 4:45 am-noon and then I'll do my schoolwork(3 days/week) and working on my degree online has helped me tremendously. In terms of working out, I train 5 days a week and I'm trying other things to reduce boredom. Right now, I'm preparing for a half-marathon and hopefully work my way up to an ultra event within next year. I do 4 runs a week, 3 core/bodyweight sessions, and 2 cross-training sessions(lap swimming/rowing). Below is a schedule I follow:
      Mon-Fri morning(0445-noon)- Work
      Wed,Thurs,Sun(1230-3 pm- Schoolwork
      Tues,Wed,Thurs,Sat,Sun(6 pm- 7/7:30 pm)- Workout

Comment

Roboscout 302 Thank you for the input. Also, what is your current running mileage leading up to the half marathon? I’m looking to run one in the near future as well

Comment

I just started training recently, I’m around 18 right now. I’ll be around 25ish in 6 weeks.

Comment

Sounds good. The race I’m looking to do isn’t until April so I’ll have more than enough time to prepare

Comment

When I was training with the PTG, I was doing two-a-days with strength and PT in the morning and swimming and running in the evening. It worked really well to do the lower intensity stuff after a long day and I never felt like my training was compromised scheduling stuff that way.

Comment

Working...
              X