Announcement

Collapse

New Combat Side Stroke Guide

Improve your swim. Use the Naval Special Warfare Combat Side Stroke Guide.

Visit: http://www.sealswcc.com/navy-seal-co...oke-guide.html
See more
See less

Non-Anabolic SARMs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-Anabolic SARMs

Before I start I already have seen and read that, "Steroids will not get you through BUDs" but I have not seen anything on non-anabolic SARMs.
    SARMs are "selective androgen receptor modulators" that used to be anabolic but scientists created a new version that only targets protein synthesis. Since the 1990's there have been many experiments and tests done with no sign of side effects or any long term effects at all.

On top of that I read and have personally seen that when you stop cycling SARMs you keep the strength, size and speed you have gained while on them since it only pushes you to your natural peak and does not contain any water like that of typical steroids. Of course being if you keep up your normal hardcore training. To me it seems like the only negative of SARMs is that they are not FDA approved and probably never will be. But they are not a steroid they just target specific cells to be unlocked so that protein synthesis may take place on a larger scale.

I am not expecting this to get me through BUDs or to even rely on this for my strength. It is just a booster to help me with my already high intensity training. I may add that SARMs do not work unless you put in the work and keep up the work after you stop cycling them.

Does anyone have any advice on this? Pros, cons etc?

My buddies who went & made it through BUD/S did not rely on performance enhancers. They told me to focus on injury prevention & have a diverse, clean diet. Secondly, ANY kind of performance enhancer is forbidden at BUD/S, from what they’ve told me.

Comment

Originally posted by Roboscout 302 View Post
      My buddies who went & made it through BUD/S did not rely on performance enhancers. They told me to focus on injury prevention & have a diverse, clean diet. Secondly, ANY kind of performance enhancer is forbidden at BUD/S, from what they’ve told me.
      That would be saying something like "Don't take protein powder" people not necessarily rely on these things nor do they have to be consistent with them. They can use them, for lets say 8 weeks at the most, and keep that cycle for as long as they work out. My buddy has been off them for almost 2 years now and has kept every bit of muscle he gained from the bulking SARM. If its true any only opens up cells to protein synthesis is there any real harm towards it?

Comment

Originally posted by Richiebobbie View Post

That would be saying something like "Don't take protein powder" people not necessarily rely on these things nor do they have to be consistent with them. They can use them, for lets say 8 weeks at the most, and keep that cycle for as long as they work out. My buddy has been off them for almost 2 years now and has kept every bit of muscle he gained from the bulking SARM. If its true any only opens up cells to protein synthesis is there any real harm towards it?
        In general, yes. At this point in time, I would strongly suggest not taking them.

The safety data surrounding taking SARMS is not great. One of the SARMS has a study in the 20 week range in humans showing minimal side effects, but that's not nearly long enough to conclude safety data from. Additionally, none of the SARMS are in Stage 4 trials at this point so there isn’t even a big enough sample size to comment on safety.

Second, the efficacy is not terribly well described in the literature with some evidence suggesting zero to modest effects, at best. They pale in comparison to testosterone in both safety and efficacy, for instance.

In other words, you’re better off using steroids

Im not suggesting you take those either, I only say it to make a point

Comment

Additionally, because the FDA has yet to actually approve SARMS for pharmaceutical use, the only place you can get SARMS is on the black market, which calls to question the overall quality/safety of the SARMS your friend is acquiring

Comment

The main problem with SARMs is that since they are only being sold by sketchy websites, you don't really know what you're getting. The study done by the American Medical Association shows that basically 50% of SARMs being sold online are ****. There are some studies that show they can be very helpful with very little side effects, and some studies show they don't help much. If you are going to try them, do lots of research as to where you're buying them from to make sure they're legit. Once you get it, take half the recommended dosage for 7-10 days. If you don't see any negative side effects, up the dosage. I know a few guys who take them (I have bought Ostarine as well but have yet to use it) and they swear by it. It won't replace good nutrition, sleep, and programming but it might give you an extra edge. Here is the article, which is very informative and I recommend you reading before buying anything. https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2664459

Comment

Originally posted by pkom96 View Post
              The main problem with SARMs is that since they are only being sold by sketchy websites, you don't really know what you're getting. The study done by the American Medical Association shows that basically 50% of SARMs being sold online are ****. There are some studies that show they can be very helpful with very little side effects, and some studies show they don't help much. If you are going to try them, do lots of research as to where you're buying them from to make sure they're legit. Once you get it, take half the recommended dosage for 7-10 days. If you don't see any negative side effects, up the dosage. I know a few guys who take them (I have bought Ostarine as well but have yet to use it) and they swear by it. It won't replace good nutrition, sleep, and programming but it might give you an extra edge. Here is the article, which is very informative and I recommend you reading before buying anything. https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2664459
              Like I said, though, long term safety data is virtually unknown at this point, as well as efficacy. You are better off taking testosterone, which is more effective and has very well understood side effects and risk factors of which there are relatively few. If you’re going to go down the rabbit hole of banned substances, which I think isnt a great idea in general, SARMS should not be at the top of the list imo based on what I’ve read and what my friends in the medical community have read.
              Last edited by tfranc; 1 week ago.

Comment

For the record, any banned substance has one function - to make you more sensitive to training stimuli. There are many, many ways to achieve this without using banned substances, and most of you reading this are untrained enough and young enough to where it doesn’t make any sense to go out and try to get your hands on that stuff. You are plenty sensitive to training.

Most banned substances have also been shown to not contribute positively to aerobic (endurance) activities and can actually hurt performance

Comment

Originally posted by tfranc View Post
                  Additionally, because the FDA has yet to actually approve SARMS for pharmaceutical use, the only place you can get SARMS is on the black market, which calls to question the overall quality/safety of the SARMS your friend is acquiring
                  They are only illegal to ingest. They are however legal to purchase for “experimental purposes” and is how people obtain them. Not hard at all the website just can’t list them under nutrition and the FDA turns a blind eye.

Comment

Originally posted by Richiebobbie View Post

They are only illegal to ingest. They are however legal to purchase for “experimental purposes” and is how people obtain them. Not hard at all the website just can’t list them under nutrition and the FDA turns a blind eye.
                    All I have to say is: yikes. I’m sure the FDA is working on making them illegal

Comment

Working...
                    X