Announcement

Collapse

New Combat Side Stroke Guide

Improve your swim. Use the Naval Special Warfare Combat Side Stroke Guide.

Visit: http://www.sealswcc.com/navy-seal-co...oke-guide.html
See more
See less

Recruiting/training help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recruiting/training help

Hey
    Wasn't sure where to post this but any help is appreciated. I was wondering if I go DEP how long does that give me? The reason I ask is because I really need to get physically fit, mainly swimming and pullups, but I have no one to help me train. I've been trying to learn the CSS by myself and Im not really the strongest swimmer anyway. But my question is if I go DEP can I train with a local mentor or someone until Im ready to take the PST or do they tell me when? and if I'm not ready I'm just SOL. Sorry if this is a **** question but just looking for some guidance. Thanks in advance

Hopefully this helps. I have one year of college left, but I wanted to start PSTing and working out with a mentor. I talked with my recruiter and local SEAL/SWCC scout and they said I can go to MEPS and do a "physical only". That means you get medically cleared, but you don't sign a contract or swear in. I just went to MEPS last week and did just that, now I can PST and workout with my local mentor/scout throughout my senior year of college. Get in touch with your local recruiter and the mentor that is closest to you and see what they say. Best of luck.

Comment

Thanks for the responses. But I have another question, while in DEP will workouts be scheduled with a mentor or do you have to find time for a workout with them? Just curious about the process.

Comment

Thank you for the insight Mr. Williams, I was not aware my situation is only available in some districts. Does it make a difference that I will be submitting an officer package after I receive my diploma? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X