Announcement

Collapse

New Combat Side Stroke Guide

Improve your swim. Use the Naval Special Warfare Combat Side Stroke Guide.

Visit: http://www.sealswcc.com/navy-seal-co...oke-guide.html
See more
See less

Trying to eat right for BUD/S

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to eat right for BUD/S

I'm 14, 5' 6" tall, and weigh 107 LB. and skinnier then average. Does anyone know what I should be eating to help gain needed weight? I workout at least 4 days a week doing calesthinics and occasional weight lifting. I also play baseball for my high school.

Eat clean & natural. Add some proteins such as steak & fish. Add veggies & fruits to your plate to get the needed nutrition as well as a calcium source (milk/yogurt) To gain weight, just have bigger portions. My mentor recommends to let your body do the growing on it's own, keep in mind whenever you come to BUD/S heavy or light, you'll have to carry your bodyweight during the runs,swims, & PT sessions. I'm 5'4, 123 lbs & I'm planning on keeping it there since It'll reduce the chances of stress fractures at BUD/S.

Comment

Originally posted by C13Manges View Post
      I'm 14, 5' 6" tall, and weigh 107 LB. and skinnier then average. Does anyone know what I should be eating to help gain needed weight? I workout at least 4 days a week doing calesthinics and occasional weight lifting. I also play baseball for my high school.
      Have you referred to the Nutrition: Start Here thread yet?
      it has a lot of useful information. If you haven't done so, check it out. And report back with any further questions.

Comment

Eat. Eat right. You should never EVER be hungry. Eat chicken/steak and vegatables/fruits. Eating should a chore, not for pleasure. Cut all processed and crap food out of your diet. Train hard everyday, do a little extra lifting but calisthenics and running/swimming are still your priority. Your young, focus on what you eat and PT often working on improving your PST. Stick to your diet and train hard and you will be fine.

Comment

You're 14 with 3 1/2 years of high school left. You're a young athlete moving up towards his physical prime. Watch this video, content starts at 1:10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luG9XI6P-G4

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerT View Post
            Eat. Eat right. You should never EVER be hungry. Eat chicken/steak and vegatables/fruits. Eating should a chore, not for pleasure. Cut all processed and crap food out of your diet. Train hard everyday, do a little extra lifting but calisthenics and running/swimming are still your priority. Your young, focus on what you eat and PT often working on improving your PST. Stick to your diet and train hard and you will be fine.
            Should I try to eat a variety of fruits and veggies, or could I eat the same 5-8 different fruits and vegetables and still get what I need.

Comment

Originally posted by tfranc View Post
              You're 14 with 3 1/2 years of high school left. You're a young athlete moving up towards his physical prime. Watch this video, content starts at 1:10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luG9XI6P-G4
              Thanks for the video, I live in Tennessee and my grand parents work on a farm so they have a lot of red meats.

Comment

Thanks for the video, I live in Tennessee and my grand parents work on a farm so they have a lot of red meats.
                I'm envious. Have fun getting big and strong.

Comment

Work on being competitive at whatever sports you play. I agree with tfranc...become a big strong man.
                  The only time SUCCESS comes before WORK is in the dictionary.

Comment

Agree with everything said here. Plenty of time to grow properly with a good diet. In regards to your fruit question there should be enough variety to cover a broad range of vitamins and minerals, but you don't need to go overboard and import some crazy fruit from Thailand or something. Bananas (potassium helps with cramps), apples, oranges, dark green veggies etc...

Comment

Yes eat a variety of fruits/vegetables. As long as you have lots of colors on your plate and its not the same plate every time.

Comment

Don't worry about your weight so much man. I started high school at 5'6 132lbs and graduated 5'9 170lbs. I wrestled and was cutting weight all those year and still gained all that muscle mass. Just continue to eat right and workout hard and you'll be fine

Comment

Working...
                        X