Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Official Podcast Now Posted!

The Official Navy SEAL & SWCC podcast, "The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday", is now posted in the Downloads section [https://www.sealswcc.com/navy-seal-podcast.html]. Hear from real, active duty Navy SEALs, SWCC, and key support staff from NSW as they talk training, requirements, ethos, and more. Hooyah!
2 of 2 < >

New Combat Side Stroke Guide

Improve your swim. Use the Naval Special Warfare Combat Side Stroke Guide.

Visit: http://www.sealswcc.com/navy-seal-co...oke-guide.html
See more
See less

Do i have to sign a contract at meps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do i have to sign a contract at meps

so im not so sure where to put this so i was poking around the internet and heard that you can go to meps, and start taking psts without signing a contract essentially always in dep until you decide to sign a normal contract or recieve a SO contract. I had talked to my recruiter about it and she said that i have to sign a contract regardless, but i would like to take what she says with a grain of salt and ask here.

Im wondering if even want to dep now. Spoke to recruiter and he said I can change my job if I get a contract but i'm hearing so much conflicting evidence on the situation. Just don't want to locked into a job for two years before I could apply for seal. Considering just telling my recruiter i'll wait until graduation.

Comment

Recruiting districts & policies change every now & then. When I went through the process, you could request to take asvab & physical only without committing to rate so you can PST with no time constraint.

Comment

Some recruiting districts allow (or used to allow) you to sign a QNJ contract (qualified, no job). You would have the length of the QNJ’s DEP to qualify for an SO contract, and if you didn’t qualify, you would decide on another rate and continue to take the PST, etc.

Better to just wait until you’re ready if your district doesn’t have a QNJ option.

Comment

The only conflicting information comes from people who don't know what they are talking about. Your recruiter is offering a placeholder contract until you earn your Warrior Challenge contract. This is normal. You would be wise to pick a placeholder job with the longest lead time until you have to report to boot, so that you can have as much time as possible to qualify for your SO contract. If you haven't done so two months before you are set to ship off to boot, then you have a choice to make: either go in the Navy in that other rate, or attrite from DEP. Don't wait any longer to make your decision, or you'll anger the recruiter into not working with you any longer at any time in the future. If you can pass the PST now, then go ahead and get into DEP. The mentor will take you the rest of the way.
          Navy SEAL & SWCC Scout Team

"The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission."

John F. Kennedy
          35th President of U.S. 1961-1963 (1917 - 1963)

Comment

Working...
          X