Announcement

Collapse

New Combat Side Stroke Guide

Improve your swim. Use the Naval Special Warfare Combat Side Stroke Guide.

Visit: http://www.sealswcc.com/navy-seal-co...oke-guide.html
See more
See less

Weekend PST

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekend PST

Has anyone heard of a PST being offered on a weekend? The organization I work for simply has very strict vacation/sick time policies, and since I've been contracted before, I know what the process entails and how many days it would require me to be absent from work. It is what it is and I'll figure it out how to make this work regardless, but I wanted to reach out and see if this has ever been an option. Thanks for your consideration.

Contact the NRD New England mentor Mr Dan Goulart re your scheduling conflicts. We are required to use flexibility to assist in administering PSTs to help in this regard. We typically do not do one applicant at a time but attempt to devise a method to accomplish a few applicants along with people that are unable to attend some of the routinely scheduled events.

If you are familiar with the process, ensure you are doing some "mock" PSTs to achieve passing scores before asking for alternative times because that is definitely not the way to make a good first impression. Good Luck!
    Please "Private Message" me on this forum if you have questions. I will respond to you at my earliest convenience.

SEAL + SWCC Forum Moderator
    U.S. Navy SEAL + SWCC Scout Team

T: 888-USN-SEAL
    2000 Trident Way, Building #401
    San Diego, CA 92155

Comment

Thanks for the prompt reply. I'm planning on getting in touch with a local recruiter just after the new year. That's when my scores will be optimal and I want to show up ready to go and make sure the recruiters/scouts know that I'm here to do this the right way and not waste anyone's time. Showing up with stellar scores is the best way to do that.

While NRD New England is actually where I grew up (Boston), I've been in DC since starting college and graduating this past May. NRD Richmond is where I went through the process the first time, and I currently work in DC. Should I reach out to NRD Richmond scouts regarding my PST scheduling questions, or is that accommodation specific to the NRD New England region?

Apologies for dragging this out, and thank you for your attention.

Comment

Continue working with your Richmond NRD as long as you are remaining in DC. Message me for the NSW mentor info.
        Navy SEAL & SWCC Scout Team

"The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission."

John F. Kennedy
        35th President of U.S. 1961-1963 (1917 - 1963)

Comment

GWSoph-I just looked up your PSTs from 2016 (you did three in NRD Richmond) so I know you are solid. In the event your work schedule is difficult during the normal times at 8AM when I PST most qualified applicants at Walter Reed NMMC in Bethesda I can accommodate a PST later in the evening for you. The pool closes at 08:00 PM and the facility at 10PM so there is a way to knock out a PST Tuesday evenings when I am in that area. Just contact me at your convenience when you are ready to begin the process. You have to get to MEPS at some point first to obtain a medical evaluation so that will be one item on your checklist to accomplish. Stay clear of the recruiters so I can track on your readiness to avoid some of the pitfalls that are associated with this process in the DC Metro area.
          Please "Private Message" me on this forum if you have questions. I will respond to you at my earliest convenience.

SEAL + SWCC Forum Moderator
          U.S. Navy SEAL + SWCC Scout Team

T: 888-USN-SEAL
          2000 Trident Way, Building #401
          San Diego, CA 92155

Comment

Thank you so much for your flexibility. When I start the process I'll get in touch with you first. It's not lost on me that you're taking time out of your day to accommodate this. You'll receive a prepared and ready to go candidate.

I was DQ'd the first time after MEPS mistakenly allowed for my private doc color vision results to be accepted over my MEPS testing (long story). Now that waivers are offered I'll have to secure one first before being cleared to PST. My hope is that if I start the process just after the new year, I'll get my waiver cleared within a couple months and can knock out 3 stellar PSTs the second I get cleared (back in 2016 my mentor said 3 was the minimum to get contracted). I'm going to make sure I have the passing scores from a private doc before I go to MEPS and submit my waiver. The main hiccup is that I just don't know how long a waiver will take to get processed.

Comment

Working...
            X