Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Official Podcast Now Posted!

The Official Navy SEAL & SWCC podcast, "The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday", is now posted in the Downloads section https://www.sealswcc.com/navy-seal-podcast.html. Hear from real, active duty Navy SEALs, SWCC, and key support staff from NSW as they talk training, requirements, ethos, and more. Hooyah!
2 of 2 < >

New Combat Side Stroke Guide

Improve your swim. Use the Naval Special Warfare Combat Side Stroke Guide.

Visit: http://www.sealswcc.com/navy-seal-co...oke-guide.html
See more
See less

First true Mock PST

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First true Mock PST

Hi everyone I just wanted to post my first true Mock PST scores having taken it yesterday and following all of the correct time restraints and order.

Swim: 9:40
    Pushups- 55
    Situps- 61
    Pullups- 15
    Run: 9:25

Obviously I have some work to do in all areas most specifically my swim push ups and sit ups. For this being my first true PST I am happy with my scores and know i can only improve them with continued training. I plan on going into the DEP in January and earning a bud/s contract

Originally posted by garrettmac89 View Post
    Hi everyone I just wanted to post my first true Mock PST scores having taken it yesterday and following all of the correct time restraints and order.

Pushups- 55
    Situps- 61
    Pullups- 15

Obviously I have some work to do in all areas most specifically my swim push ups and sit ups. For this being my first true PST I am happy with my scores and know i can only improve them with continued training. I plan on going into the DEP in January and earning a bud/s contract
    Overall good man, just keep striving to be better and better! My best advice I can pass on to you is to take your time, train hard and don't even look at a recruiting office until you're ready to impress the SEAL mentor when you arrive for a PST. Good luck and come back on here with your progressions as you improve. Many people find those motivating.

Comment

Congrats on getting the ball rolling. Good luck getting the scores up and like he said, don't rush to the recruiter until you're ready to crush the real PST.

Comment

Pushups- 55
        Situps- 61
        Pullups- 15

Holy Cow, good job! If I may suggest for the push ups, consider investing in either gymnastics rings or push up bars to work the full range of motion. Also, perhaps you should consider downloading a Tabata timer app, it’s a great interval workout with just about any calisthenic movement. Don’t be afraid to mix it up! You’ll be recruiting other muscle groups & most importantly, it’ll feel less of a chore!

For pull ups, very similar to push ups as I mentioned! What has helped me in my Pull Ups were:
        •Burpee Pull Ups
        •3 x 3 weighted negatives
        •Ladder
        •Pyramid
        •Towel Pull ups
        •Bar Hang(work Up to 1 Min or more/purpose is to work grip strength)

As far as swimming comes along, short & long interval sessions has helped tremendously! From my experience with the run, I did very similar with the swimming! I googled some track(sprinters) workouts & went from there. Of course, this is just from my experience when I was preparing for the PST, just some ideas. Let us know how your progression goes!

Comment

Thanks everyone for the responses! I am planning on going to talk to a recruiter like many of you said once I have optimal pst scores (shooting for late January early February).
          I am looking into getting Jeff Nichols Push-up and Sit-up programming, if anyone has experience with either I would greatly appreciate any reviews or suggestions of other similarly focused training.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the responses! I am planning on going to talk to a recruiter like many of you said once I have optimal pst scores (shooting for late January early February).
            I am looking into getting Jeff Nichols Push-up and Sit-up programming, if anyone has experience with either I would greatly appreciate any reviews or suggestions of other similarly focused training.
            His programs are a god send. I trained with him for a week and have gone through all of his programs and have had tremendous progress with very competitive scores. Just working on the ASVAB right now. Highly recommended.

Comment

I second what he said^ Jeff's programs have immensely improved not only my pst performance but overall fitness level.

Comment

Working...
              X