Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Official Podcast Now Posted!

The Official Navy SEAL & SWCC podcast, "The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday", is now posted in the Downloads section [https://www.sealswcc.com/navy-seal-podcast.html]. Hear from real, active duty Navy SEALs, SWCC, and key support staff from NSW as they talk training, requirements, ethos, and more. Hooyah!
2 of 2 < >

New Combat Side Stroke Guide

Improve your swim. Use the Naval Special Warfare Combat Side Stroke Guide.

Visit: http://www.sealswcc.com/navy-seal-co...oke-guide.html
See more
See less

1.5 time stuck

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.5 time stuck

So today I took my annual AF PT test. I got a 9:06 on my 1.5 run. I have been stuck here for about a year. Any advice on how to break through. Thanks

Something I did to bring mine down was to run on treadmill in 90/30 second increments. For example, if you are running about a 6 minute mile then your speed on the treadmill will be 10MPH. So start by doing 90 seconds at 10mph then bump it up to 11mph for 30 seconds, then back down to 10mph for 90 seconds then back up to 11mph for 30 seconds and repeat this until you get to 1.5 miles. Just to be clear, do not ever stop the treadmill, just continually change speed.
    Do this sequence for a week or so until you can consistently complete it for 1.5 miles.
    Then bump it up by .1mph every time you go to the gym (10.1/11.1 then the next day 10.2/11.2) eventually you will be running well under a 9 minute 1.5.
    Let me know if this was confusing or if you have any questions. Hope it helped!

Comment

JB004 Are you incorporating a couple short interval workouts per week? Do you have a track near by? I was doing 400m and 800m sprints to get my time down and it greatly helped. I was at a 1030 1.5mi time, and brought it down to 909 by doing these consistently for a couple months

Comment

I think interval training should definitely help. Also incorporating at least 1 distance run every week without overtraining should also be helpful. You can do interval training anywhere with an easily measurable distance, so I think both track and treadmill are good options. I usually find it easier to try to push through a barrier on a treadmill first and then take it to the track when I'm pretty sure I can do it at that pace, but that's just personal preference.

I'm also going to try out what hermann said because that seems like a pretty good drill tbh

Comment

Working...
        X