Announcement

Collapse

New Combat Side Stroke Guide

Improve your swim. Use the Naval Special Warfare Combat Side Stroke Guide.

Visit: http://www.sealswcc.com/navy-seal-co...oke-guide.html
See more
See less

Bates 922

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bates 922

whats up boys,

so I bought the 922 bates ****** boots to start prepping for buds and running in them. I wanted to get some advice. I’ve ran in em numerous times now and tried to suck it up as much as possible these **** things tear up the back of my ankles near my heel. has anyone had similar instances. I’ve been running on the beach and on trails still these things tear the back of my ankles up each time. thoughts, input, previous experiences with these training or at buds, is this normal? thanks boys get some!

Heel pad liners with an adhesive backing.

Comment

Get a razor blade and cut the suede part of the ankle out, you will see a very annoying piece of hard-as-rock cardboard. Remove that and you’ll be good to go.

Removing the cardboard piece is a challenge of its own. Took my boots to a shoe shop and it took them a longgggg time to get my boots done. I took two pairs btw. I was told a heat gun, a good sharp knife (careful not to swipe your boots wrong), and a healthy amount of determination will get them out.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisDeyncourt View Post
        I wanted to get some advice.
        Here's some: don't train in boots. A couple of miles, once in a while, just to get a feel for them would be fine. But do the majority of your running in a good pair of running shoes. Don't make the classic mistake of trying to prepare for BUD/S by doing BUD/S.

Mike Caviston
        Director of Fitness, NSWCEN

Comment

They are not currently using Bates in BUD/s, they are using Nike SFB Gen 2's.

Comment

Working...
          X