Announcement

Collapse

New Combat Side Stroke Guide

Improve your swim. Use the Naval Special Warfare Combat Side Stroke Guide.

Visit: http://www.sealswcc.com/navy-seal-co...oke-guide.html
See more
See less

Petering out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petering out

When I exercise I can't seem to do much right before collapsing. I can only manage about 5 good pull ups and 20 push-ups and then its all over. Is it possibly because I need to constantly do more and more. I'm 17 so would this be normal? I also don't run as I able to track if I have ran a mile or not if that sounds stupid or not. Also I have a stomach, what would be the best way to get rid of it?

Well scuttle_**** err i mean scuttle_butt...all in jokes... I too have a stomach. Best way to get rid of it. Hmmm cut it out with a ka-bar in samurai execution style in front of your disgraced master while screaming Hoo-Yah... Or learn to not eat two hours before an intense workout unless its very light energy boosting foods and supplements. If you puke quit being a girl about it wipe your mouth, spit and push through it. Ask yourself " am i dead"...if the answer is no then push the hell through it.

Focus on your breathing. Awaken your solar plexus and diaphragm and grab that life energy like your about to die and suck wind boy. If you feel like your gonna collapse pump your dam lungs as hard as you can. If you don't pass out then push through.

Pace yourself to the degree that you don't get injured but push to breaking point.

A change....is as good as a rest. As i was taught.

If you can't do a dam pushup...do a dam squat. If you cant do a squat.... Do a sit up....but NEVER quit moving. For when you do the mind wanders and pain settles. You just need to push yourself more to not quit. You will find as you get older things that once were tough are a cakewalk. Just keep training you body in all around fitness. Grab a labor intensive job like landscaping or something that sucks and just work and train like you are fighting to live.

Remember people who go to the gym are those who dont engage in physical work. Gyms were designed for the rat race participant medal winners.

Hoo-yah
    "Lord, let me not prove unworthy of my brothers."

"Ace Ventura: If you were me, then I'd be you, and I'd use *your* body to get to the top. You can't stop me no matter who you are!"

“Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” - Walt Disney

Comment

bearpole i think hes just making fun of people with **** questions

Comment

Maybe, treat it as a serious aspiring Tadpole though.

I have my suspicions that the moderators sometimes make accounts and posts to probe whos on the site.

Hell is that not the Frogman way?

Be the spy in your life - kcr

"Ace Ventura: If you were me, then I'd be you, and I'd use *your* body to get to the top. You can't stop me no matter who you are!"

“Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” - Walt Disney

Comment

No, I'm not making fun of anyone stupid questions because I'm probably the biggest idiot on the form. Just a idiot with dreams that i'll try to turn into facts. Thanks for the help BearPole.

Comment

No such thing as a stupid question. You're stupid for not asking.

I mean you gotta be a little bit of an idiot to wanna do this sort of $hit. All said light hearted. If us sailors thought about thinking too much we wouldn't be drinkin so much or have such feared reputations.

Remember, you don't go to BUD/s to "try out" that is what wash outs do and guys that don't know who they are. You go to BUD/s to learn basic underwater demolitions and SEAL basics.

Don't try...DO!

Hoo-Yah Scuttle_Butt!

Comment

Scuttle butt,
              Do you think all of us started off being able to do more than 5 pull-ups and 20 push-ups?

Comment

Certainly normal for 17.

Comment

Working...
                X