Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Official Podcast Now Posted!

The Official Navy SEAL & SWCC podcast, "The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday", is now posted in the Downloads section https://www.sealswcc.com/navy-seal-podcast.html. Hear from real, active duty Navy SEALs, SWCC, and key support staff from NSW as they talk training, requirements, ethos, and more. Hooyah!
2 of 2 < >

New Combat Side Stroke Guide

Improve your swim. Use the Naval Special Warfare Combat Side Stroke Guide.

Visit: http://www.sealswcc.com/navy-seal-co...oke-guide.html
See more
See less

For those who have tried it (pull up topic)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those who have tried it (pull up topic)

For those who have tried it, I want to know your method when doing stew smiths 10 day pull up program. Did you grease the groove all 10 days, grease the groove half and do some kind of workout like pyramids or such the other half? Do them all in one workout every day? And what were your results with the way you did it? My reason behind this question is because reading through the forums I’ve seen very mixed points of view regarding this mini program. I’ve seen some guys have small improvement, i seen one that was already at 20 and bumped up to 26, I’ve seen some who stopped due to getting injured, and I’ve even seen some who ended up having a lower max after the 2 weeks. I’m not asking for tips on improving my pull ups, just a question for those who have done it.

I almost did a full two pull ups today, I'm stoked

Comment

It sounds like you’re going a long way.

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerzone67 View Post
        For those who have tried it, I want to know your method when doing stew smiths 10 day pull up program. Did you grease the groove all 10 days, grease the groove half and do some kind of workout like pyramids or such the other half? Do them all in one workout every day? And what were your results with the way you did it? My reason behind this question is because reading through the forums I’ve seen very mixed points of view regarding this mini program. I’ve seen some guys have small improvement, i seen one that was already at 20 and bumped up to 26, I’ve seen some who stopped due to getting injured, and I’ve even seen some who ended up having a lower max after the 2 weeks. I’m not asking for tips on improving my pull ups, just a question for those who have done it.
        I’ve done both. They will kick your ***.

The basic idea behind these programs is to get you doing more pull-ups, which will allow you to... you guessed it, do more pull-ups. If you’re asking will you add some pull-ups to your max effort, in general, sure

Having said that, I think the PTG is a much better program to follow to increase your pull-up count

Comment

Originally posted by tfranc View Post

I’ve done both. They will kick your ***.

The basic idea behind these programs is to get you doing more pull-ups, which will allow you to... you guessed it, do more pull-ups. If you’re asking will you add some pull-ups to your max effort, in general, sure

Having said that, I think the PTG is a much better program to follow to increase your pull-up count
          I was just mainly curious on how guys went right or wrong while doing this program. At the beginning of last year I couldn’t do one dead hang, at the beginning of this year I pr’d at 14 and recently I got 20. I know I’m progressing with what I’m doing, was just really wondering about this program cause I also have a buddy of mine who did it and pr’d at 32. Of course he was already in the 20’s... just think it’s crazy how there’s that result and results like actually going down some reps in your max.

Comment

I was just mainly curious on how guys went right or wrong while doing this program. At the beginning of last year I couldn’t do one dead hang, at the beginning of this year I pr’d at 14 and recently I got 20. I know I’m progressing with what I’m doing, was just really wondering about this program cause I also have a buddy of mine who did it and pr’d at 32. Of course he was already in the 20’s... just think it’s crazy how there’s that result and results like actually going down some reps in your max.
            Yeah. I think there’s a lot of nuance when it comes to accruing training adaptations in general. Training history, age, weight, height, diet, training sensitivity and athletic propensity/genetics all manifest in your athletic performance. Some guys just look at a pull-up bar and add 2 pull-ups

Comment

Originally posted by tfranc View Post

Yeah. I think there’s a lot of nuance when it comes to accruing training adaptations in general. Training history, age, weight, height, diet, training sensitivity and athletic propensity/genetics all manifest in your athletic performance. Some guys just look at a pull-up bar and add 2 pull-ups
              I wish I could do a 6 min swim just by looking at a pool. Jokes aside, I understand what you’re saying. Don’t you think a big part of it though can also have to do with how did they split up their pull up sets and reps every day?

Comment

I wish I could do a 6 min swim just by looking at a pool. Jokes aside, I understand what you’re saying. Don’t you think a big part of it though can also have to do with how did they split up their pull up sets and reps every day?
                Yeah. You’re in good company
                Oh for sure, and some programs are less effective and more effective in general. But in a hypothetical experiment: it’s possible that two people with the same sex/weight/age/bf%, optimal diet, sleep, both highly motivated to train etc, running the same program will experience different results, and markedly different if one is a high responder to training and the other low.

Last edited by tfranc; 07-08-2018, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X