Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Official Podcast Now Posted!

The Official Navy SEAL & SWCC podcast, "The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday", is now posted in the Downloads section https://www.sealswcc.com/navy-seal-podcast.html. Hear from real, active duty Navy SEALs, SWCC, and key support staff from NSW as they talk training, requirements, ethos, and more. Hooyah!
2 of 2 < >

New Combat Side Stroke Guide

Improve your swim. Use the Naval Special Warfare Combat Side Stroke Guide.

Visit: http://www.sealswcc.com/navy-seal-co...oke-guide.html
See more
See less

Weights vs Weight vest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weights vs Weight vest

So ive heard from a scout that i should not use weights and only do bodyweight exercises so i was wondering if a weight vest would be a good substitute, because at the moment im more or less stuck on my max push ups (around 50) so would the weight vest help as a substitute?

Lifting weight is not bad if you're doing it correctly.

Comment

I’m guessing you’re talking about a specific exercise for chest like the bench press, which like UnstoppableMind said it’s not bad if you’re doing correctly. You don’t necessarily need it to make your push up numbers go up though, and I wouldn’t start using a 20 lb vest until you’re already at 70+. Getting to 70 push ups isn’t hard of you train hard and SMART for it. Should take only a few weeks. Back to weightlifting, if there’s one exercise that you would probably benefit from undoubtedly are squats. Most guys who come on here to post that have been to BUD/S say to focus on your leg strength.

Comment

lift weights as well as run/ruck with a weight vest (in sand if possible). Focus on higher volume squats, deadlifts, shoulder press, and build up your legs. Make sure your not just lifting weights with out running/swimming though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerzone67 View Post
          I’m guessing you’re talking about a specific exercise for chest like the bench press, which like UnstoppableMind said it’s not bad if you’re doing correctly. You don’t necessarily need it to make your push up numbers go up though, and I wouldn’t start using a 20 lb vest until you’re already at 70+. Getting to 70 push ups isn’t hard of you train hard and SMART for it. Should take only a few weeks. Back to weightlifting, if there’s one exercise that you would probably benefit from undoubtedly are squats. Most guys who come on here to post that have been to BUD/S say to focus on your leg strength.
          When you say leg strength do you mean squats, calf raises, are there any more that i should be doing regularly?

Comment

I would follow most of what Mitch328. Be careful when rucking / running with weight, you don’t want to cause any injuries that may catch up to you later on.

Comment

Working...
            X