Announcement

Collapse

New Combat Side Stroke Guide

Improve your swim. Use the Naval Special Warfare Combat Side Stroke Guide.

Visit: http://www.sealswcc.com/navy-seal-co...oke-guide.html
See more
See less

Good exercises to loose weight fast

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good exercises to loose weight fast

I'm 15 and I weight 186, most of my fat is stomach fat. How could I loose stomach fat fast?

Look at your workouts and diet. a combination, if counting calories, of that can have you losing pounds, but the Pacific Ocean is cold. If you have awesome PST scores I wouldn't worry about shedding that weight since you'll need it if you get contracted into a winter class.

Comment

How tall are you

Comment

As tfranc said above, your height is important for deciding your ideal weight. Also, don't forget that you cannot simply lose the fat specifically on your stomach. Usually the last areas to accumulate fat are the first to burn them and vice versa.

Comment

Run run run, lift weights, get a good diet/ meal plan going and really anything involving cardio will burn off fat. Also sprints help burn fat really fast this thing called HIIT is a sprint workout that’s really burns fat.

Comment

I'm 5' 11", and I can bench 190lbs

Comment

Originally posted by Chris1359 View Post

I’m 5’10” 178-180lbs you should be fine. You don’t need to be ripped to go to BUDs, in fact it’s probably better that you aren’t. As long as your PST scores are solid don’t sweat it

Comment

dont try to lose fat fast, the only ways from my knowledge to lose fat "fast" will likley be detrimental to your health and may also make you lose muscle as well, if your 15 then you have plenty of time to prepare for buds don't overwhelm yourself with too many objectives or run your self into the ground. It is good to have as little residual fat as well as muscle mass as possible to allow more timely runs/swims as well as higher pushups and pull ups, but dont get bogged down with a bodybuilder attitude of losing weight fast and getting built fast cause that will set oneself up for failure in buds, just take your time and follow a proper training plan as well as diet and you will set yourself up for the best odds of being successful at buds.
                good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Chris1359 View Post
                  Someone said it already, but you’re fine.

Short of getting a DEXA scan, the best way to measure this is by measuring your waist with a flexible tape measure, such as one for sewing.

The way you do this is to start at the navel and run the tape around your abdomen, making sure the tape runs around the tips of your hip bones (highest point your hip bones reside on your torso- find by touch)

If you are Caucasian and your waist circumference is under 38”, you’re probably fine. Depending on what you actually look like, it may be in your best interest to lower your waist measurement to 36 or 34. It depends. I would look into your waist measurement first before making any weight loss decisions.

If you don’t have a flexible tape measure, use a piece of string and wrap it around your waist. Mark where the string intersects with itself and hold it up to a tape measure
                  Last edited by tfranc; 14 hours ago.

Comment

Like someone said prior I think you should focus on food. You are young and as your body matures and changes you will probably be gaining some weight as muscle. I was right around where you were at when i was 15 and just changed what I ate. Lots of vegetables, chicken and lean meat, fish, rice, and other things like that. I had a big stomach at 14-15 and naturally after changing my diet it started to lose some of that weight. Don’t forget about water. I hate plain water but I deal with it and sometimes I add some flavoring but now I rarely drink soda or anything like that anymore and that probably has helped too.

Comment

Working...
                    X