Announcement

Collapse

New Combat Side Stroke Guide

Improve your swim. Use the Naval Special Warfare Combat Side Stroke Guide.

Visit: http://www.sealswcc.com/navy-seal-co...oke-guide.html
See more
See less

Severe Leg Cramps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Severe Leg Cramps

Lately I have been having SEVERE leg cramps in my hamstrings. I am a great runner (6 minute miles for half marathons). My legs are weak when it comes to lifting and I begin to cramp up in my hamstrings on my 1-2 leg workout. How can I fix this and make sure I am hydrated? Do I just need to keep training? I drink a lot of water and I have a pretty well balanced diet. Any tips are greatly appreciated!

I usually drink pink coconut water. It has higher potassium than a banana and it's awesome for you. My mentor suggested Pedialyte last time I cramped up.

Comment

Dynamic stretch before working out, static stretches after. Supplement specifically with Magnesium, Calcium, Zinc, & Potassium. Cramps in muscles is usually related to dehydration, mineral depletion, over overexertion. Over exertion also includes damage from overuse, because when your muscles are damaged they distribute nutrients inefficiently and it's harder to recover. Take time off from anything that engaged your hamstrings, use light walks and stimulate blood flow with heat.

If you cover all of that above, and STILL have cramps you need to see a doctor. Cramps are the equivalent of a motor in an car missing, and can be symptomatic of a larger issue. The cramps (missing in car) can be symptomatic of a blocked artery (fuel), or spinal nerve damage (spark).

Comment

JUST A SUGGESTION: TRY USING A SEGMENT OF LARGE ROPE AROUND YOUR NECK DOING SITUPS; AND USING SIMILAR FOR A WEIGHT TO DO COIL UP WRIST REPS. UP AND DOWN; DELTOID RAISED ARM EXTENSIONS FOR 45 SEC AT A TIME;25 MINUTES AND THEN DO YOUR RUNNING; PERHAPS POSTURIAL, OR BENDING IS CAUSING THE LEG CRAMPS; WHILE EYE SCANNING DOWN THE ROAD; YOU KNOW LITTLE SLEEP. YOU NEVER KNOW MAYBE YOUR BACK KICK DOMINANT IN THE POOL, NEVER HURTS TO CHANGE UP, OR SEEK PROFESSIONAL A. KINESTETICS ADVICES; BEST REGARDS.

Comment

Working...
        X