Announcement

Collapse

New Combat Side Stroke Guide

Improve your swim. Use the Naval Special Warfare Combat Side Stroke Guide.

Visit: http://www.sealswcc.com/navy-seal-co...oke-guide.html
See more
See less

Best Situps Alternative

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Situps Alternative

About 3 times a week, I work through the push/sit/pull-ups matrix outlined in the NSW Physical Training Guide, but it's not always convenient finding a location for performing the situps. I'm wondering what the best alternative exercise would be (situps without support, reverse situps, flutter kicks, hanging leg raises, etc.) if you have access to a pull-up bar but nothing low and stable for keeping your legs in position for situps. Typically the format I follow for these push/sit/pull workouts is 3-4 sets of 30-40 for both pushups and situps, then 3-4 sets of 10-12 pullups. Therefore I am not looking for a mix of core exercises, rather one exercise that best mimics situps to fit this format that can be performed without any support. Suggestions?

I have one of those pull up door jam things that I got at the sporting goods store. Put it on the ground in the door jam and whabam.

Other exercises? Planks and leg raises. Max out those reps.

Comment

You can't go wrong with some hanging core from the pull-up bar. I like to do L-sits, knee raises, windshield wipers, and leg raises. This will increase your grip for pull-ups simultaneously.

Comment

You can't go wrong with some hanging core from the pull-up bar. I like to do L-sits, knee raises, windshield wipers, and leg raises. This will increase your grip for pull-ups simultaneously.
        This is good advice and I'll second it. Toes to bar is an amazing all-core exercise. Knees to elbows, and all else as stated.

Comment

Working...
        X