Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

New Combat Side Stroke Guide

Naval Special Warfare offers you a new Combat Side Stroke Guide. This PDF is downloadable and free. Just go to the BUD/S Prep Docs page on the website or use this address: http://www.sealswcc.com/PDF/naval-sp...roke-guide.pdf. Train hard!
2 of 2 < >

Do not use the following illegal characters in the title of your thread or post

The following characters will cause the thread or post to not work if they are used in the title:
./
\
:
<
>
(
)
{

a:
c:
d:
e:
f:

Thank you for your cooperation.
See more
See less

What problems can one have in in the water

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What problems can one have in in the water

When my wife first got scuba certified, she had a similar problem. Unable to breathe by mouth alone. It was a mental block though, not anything physical. The instructor was excellent, and worked her through it step by step. If you get in a bathtub with a mask you can figure this out in about ten seconds. And as a bonus, you come out smelling cleaner than when you went in.

But seriously, if you can overcome the anxiety by easily trying this out in a controlled environment, go for it.

--Fargo007

Comment

Thanks every one.

Comment

Man Shark first I bet you like 4 foot flat, second I bet you sitting there in your pajamas with feet on 'em thngking oh yeah Ima try and make an idiot out of this guy to hide my double lack of size *wink wink* and then talk about why you got a reason to do it, JGuerrero a doctor told my swim coach to get a spray bottle fill it with half rubbbing alchohol and half white vinegar, then spray it in your ear, work it around and do it weekly. This will help prevent and to stop an ear infectection early. Shark man whats wrong wich you.
        "Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, Navy Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by JZachariahG View Post
          Man Shark first I bet you like 4 foot flat, second I bet you sitting there in your pajamas with feet on 'em thngking oh yeah Ima try and make an idiot out of this guy to hide my double lack of size *wink wink* and then talk about why you got a reason to do it, JGuerrero a doctor told my swim coach to get a spray bottle fill it with half rubbbing alchohol and half white vinegar, then spray it in your ear, work it around and do it weekly. This will help prevent and to stop an ear infectection early. Shark man whats wrong wich you.
          First you are resurrecting a thread just to do some trash talking. Second, your grammar needs considerable improvement. Third, the alc/vinegar combo is actually effective.

One out of three isn't bad????? Sheesh.

Comment

Well three weeks isn't to bad, and I know it's effective, that's why I said it. However when I dive down to depths, 12 ft. or more my ears hurt, will that go away with time?
            "Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, Navy Pilot

Comment

That sounds like a pressure issue. If you can, try holding your nose, closing your mouth and gently, and I mean really gently blow against your nose. It will equalize the pressure in your inner ear which should help.

Comment

The air spaces are the ears, sinuses-nose and mouth. It's called "clearing" the air space in your ears before an over-pressure condition arises. The obstacle faced with swimming upside down is water entry through your nose. If you clear your ears you will be o.k. Just remember not to breath-in through your nose or mouth if un-equipped. .

Comment

Working...
                X