Announcement

Collapse

New Combat Side Stroke Guide

Improve your swim. Download the free Naval Special Warfare Combat Side Stroke Guide.

Download: http://www.sealswcc.com/PDF/naval-sp...roke-guide.pdf
See more
See less

Goggles/Masks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goggles/Masks

Alright guys, I searched this before posting because I figured it had been addressed, but here goes. The goggles I currently swim with suck. They let water in no matter how tight I make them or how I readjust them. Does anybody have a really good type of goggle, or mask that does an excellent job of keeping water out, cause until I get surgery I need to wear goggles to keep form losing contacts. Thanks guys! EASY DAY!!!
    "Sure I am this day we are masters of our fate, that the task which has been set before us is not above our strength; that its pangs and toils are not beyond our endurance. As long as we have faith in our own cause and an unconquerable will to win, victory will not be denied us."

-Winston Churchill-

EASY DAY
    -John Bailey-

Re: Goggles/Masks

Hey Dude Today I got a new pair of googles they are called aqua sphere swim googles seal xp for $25. These goggles are the only ones I will wear and the price range is $20 to $35 being the most expensive kind. You can go to aquas sphere swim.com Then you can research on the different types of goggles they have, then buy them at your local retail store.

I bought the seal xp goggles and I have purchased two other goggles from aquasphere from my local retail store like big 5 sporting goods and sportsauthority, but my first was lost and my other was probaly found by someone at the gym and not returned to lost and found. so make sure you take care of your goggles dude because if you end up buting 3 goggles in a 3 month span you already wasted a total of over $60.

sorry for the long email man, I hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks rosin. This site looks pretty good. And I like the look of the SEAL XP ones a lot. You say they work really well? Cause I don't want to dish out 25$ + for something unless I know its legit.
      "Sure I am this day we are masters of our fate, that the task which has been set before us is not above our strength; that its pangs and toils are not beyond our endurance. As long as we have faith in our own cause and an unconquerable will to win, victory will not be denied us."

-Winston Churchill-

EASY DAY
      -John Bailey-

Comment

Originally posted by UNCDUDE33 View Post
        Thanks rosin. This site looks pretty good. And I like the look of the SEAL XP ones a lot. You say they work really well? Cause I don't want to dish out 25$ + for something unless I know its legit.
        These goggles work very well but if you want ones that are even better I would go with the vista ones because I have had one and I consider that one the best it is $35 but is well worth it.

Comment

Thanks man. I appreciate it. I'll let you know what I decide. EASY DAY

-Winston Churchill-

EASY DAY
          -John Bailey-

Comment

$10 pair of Speedo Sprints works for me, and if you scratch or lose them, you won't feel bad at that price.
            Tom Delaney
            St. Paul, Minnesota, USA

Comment

Thanks Delaney. Do you ever have a problem with them leaking? I'm not too concerned about goggles fogging up or being uncomfortable, I just want some that don't leak, cause I get tired of losing contacts and I can't read the clock or the timers without my contacts in. Thanks!

-Winston Churchill-

EASY DAY
              -John Bailey-

Comment

Originally posted by UNCDUDE33 View Post
                Do you ever have a problem with them leaking?
                Nope! I wear contacts myself, and know what you mean. I get a tight enough seal with Sprints that it hasn't been an issue. At $10, maybe try 'em and if they don't work out, you can keep them as a back-up, or sell 'em "slightly used" to one of your buddies. ;)
                Tom Delaney
                St. Paul, Minnesota, USA

Comment

Sounds good. I believe I'll try these first since they are considerably cheaper. Thanks for the advice! HOO-YAH!

-Winston Churchill-

EASY DAY
                  -John Bailey-

Comment

Since you guys were talking about goggles/masks, does anyone know where to get a good mask? I wanted to practice doing the swim with one of them on but have been to sports authority and sports chalet and haven't seen any

Comment

Originally posted by rosin789 View Post
                      Hey Dude Today I got a new pair of googles they are called aqua sphere swim googles seal xp for $25.
                      I'll vouch for Aqua Sphere as well. I picked up a pair of the Aqua Sphere Kayenne goggles at my local ****'s Sporting Goods store. When I bought them they were on sale from $25 to $13 so, with my dollar donation to the charity ****'s was giving to, my total came in just under $15.

The goggles overall were a great buy and at $13 I almost expected them to be a bust. They have a great range of vision and a clear all-around view. They don't leak on me and are mostly comfortable, though sometimes I feel like the piece above the ear seems a bit rough.

I'd recommend it to anyone that asked.
                      I stood and stared; the sky was lit,
                      The sky was stars all over it,
                      I stood, I knew not why,
                      Without a wish, without a will,
                      I stood upon that silent hill
                      And stared into the sky until
                      My eyes were blind with stars and still
                      I stared into the sky.
                      -Ralph Hodgson, "The Song of Honour"

Comment

Hey you should really look into training with a mask as opposed to goggles because goggles allow you to exhale through the nose and it is quite different when sharply transitioning to exhaling solely through the mouth. US Divers are good with tempered glass lenses so they don't fog.

Comment

Working...
                        X