Announcement

Collapse

New Combat Side Stroke Guide

Improve your swim. Use the Naval Special Warfare Combat Side Stroke Guide.

Visit: http://www.sealswcc.com/navy-seal-co...oke-guide.html
See more
See less

Trouble with goggles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble with goggles

I know there was a similar post about someone mentioning problems with swimming without goggles well I have the opposite problem I started swim training without goggles but I bought some today figuring I would need them for ocean swims. Well when I got in the pool it just felt really uncomfortable at first it feels better now but still a bit uncomfortable. Should I keep swimming with goggles or just go through training without them and use them for ocean only swimming?

CompSci614 I would continue to use it. The PST 14 days before you ship is usually the only PST that you go without a mask. Get used to using a mask as it will be incorporated throughout your training. Sounds like by the end of your swim it felt more comfortable. Switching back and forth between no mask and using a mask wouldn't be a bad idea either, as getting comfortable with being uncomfortable is a feeling that BUD/s emphasizes.

Comment

Blackwood appreciate the quick reply I will definitely keep transitioning and I think that is best solution whether in the pool or the ocean.

Comment

Try throwing your goggles in the pool let them sink to the bottom dive down and put them on them clear you mask of water while under water helped me get used to wearing them It also helped with not wearing them I have a bad tendency to close my eyes if I don't have goggles on but you need them open to find your goggles. Best of luck man

Comment

I ship soon and I can't swim without goggles... dang I will start doing half and half

Comment

Originally posted by Tito0210 View Post
            I ship soon and I can't swim without goggles... dang I will start doing half and half
            Have you taken your 14 day PST yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Brenden Grimes View Post
              Try throwing your goggles in the pool let them sink to the bottom dive down and put them on them clear you mask of water while under water helped me get used to wearing them It also helped with not wearing them I have a bad tendency to close my eyes if I don't have goggles on but you need them open to find your goggles. Best of luck man
              This is a great exercise to do every time one enters the water. Good looks brotha.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackwood View Post

Have you taken your 14 day PST yet?
                I have 55 days till i chip i just went and swam without goggles and i will do fine for 500

Comment

Tito0210 Hooyah. Good stuff man. Congrats on shipping soon.

Comment

While this is relevant the swimming in buds at least first phase is all long distance. Build up the quads and running with weigh, I have a good friend in first phase right now an only trouble he is having is carrying the weight. Log pt and boat on heads run is rough, "I strongly suggest start running with a 20-30lb weight vest and make your own log to practice with"

Comment

Working...
                    X