Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Official Podcast Now Posted!

The Official Navy SEAL & SWCC podcast, "The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday", is now posted in the Downloads section https://www.sealswcc.com/navy-seal-podcast.html. Hear from real, active duty Navy SEALs, SWCC, and key support staff from NSW as they talk training, requirements, ethos, and more. Hooyah!
2 of 2 < >

New Combat Side Stroke Guide

Improve your swim. Use the Naval Special Warfare Combat Side Stroke Guide.

Visit: http://www.sealswcc.com/navy-seal-co...oke-guide.html
See more
See less

CSS?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CSS?

I'm trying to learn CSS, but I am having some trouble. I am on the highschool swim team, and I can swim breaststroke but I want to learn CSS. In BUDS do they expect you to know CSS?

Yes, in BUD/S they expect you to know CSS. There is a demonstration video on this website as well as hundreds on YouTube that you can learn from.

Comment

Originally posted by pkom96 View Post
      Yes, in BUD/S they expect you to know CSS. There is a demonstration video on this website as well as hundreds on YouTube that you can learn from.
      I'v been trying, but it's hard for me to learn from a video. My Breast stroke is solid, however I have not timed the swim.

I have another question. When the internet was still very young, how did other SEAL candidates learn CSS? They certainly did not have the resources and videos we have now.

Comment

Break it down part by part. Learn the arm strokes. Don't even bother using your legs. Do that until you have the timing of the pull, glide, and breath. Then switch. Learn just the legs, just streamline your arms. Once you have them both separately, work on the timing to put it together. Pull and kick, glide, breath. Before the internet, from what I can tell, they probably learned in a baptism by fire: while in the DEP or in the Navy, before the modern pipeline was established, and they would go to basic training/being in the fleet before deciding to try for the SEAL pipeline.

Comment

Have you looked around on the forum here and noticed any of the swim critiques? There's even a section for that.

You can always upload a 100M/Y video of your attempt and get some pointers.

Comment

Working...
          X