Announcement

Collapse

New Combat Side Stroke Guide

Improve your swim. Use the Naval Special Warfare Combat Side Stroke Guide.

Visit: http://www.sealswcc.com/navy-seal-co...oke-guide.html
See more
See less

Future HM in need of Critique

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future HM in need of Critique

Hello and thanks for your help in advance,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROs9ehLRfiA

I have an HM contract set to ship in march, and while I'm not trying out for SO I will be screening for a SARC spot which uses the same PST and optimum scores as SO. If you guys could critique my 100m swim that would help me out great in my training. I've been working on it for a few months on my own but haven't had the opportunity to get an outside opinion yet. This is my first post, but I've been on the site and learning a lot from you guys for a while now. So thank y'all for that, and thanks for letting me, as a Corpsman, tag along here.

Hi,

Sorry I missed this one. Just catching up. Anyone trying to put a uniform on is getting my help if they ask for it, regardless of what color it is, or what pins and buttons decorate it.

Overall, well done, but there are some slivers of a penny you need to chase.

1 - You are not swimming on both sides. Start fixing that now by doing 2:1 on the side you don't prefer. Search back for all the good reasons why.

2 - You seem to 'want' to do a streamline, but you aren't. Tighten that up and be strict about it. It only works if it's perfect, so do it that way. Off the wall, AND at the top of every stroke cycle.

3 - Looking forward. A VERY bad habit, this is affecting your balance. Look straight down, or toward the side you are breathing.

4 - Your kicks and pulls are productive and well timed in my opinion. I don't like the recovery though. You are making a fist with your top arm rather than keeping it close to the body and sneaking it back out front.

That's a 1:36 on camera, which if held x 5 is an 8:00 flat 500Y. Your issues are all repairable with practice and discipline. Nothing big here. There's absolutely no doubt you'll hit the top of your draft if you fix this stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by fargo007 View Post
      Hi,

Sorry I missed this one. Just catching up. Anyone trying to put a uniform on is getting my help if they ask for it, regardless of what color it is, or what pins and buttons decorate it.

Overall, well done, but there are some slivers of a penny you need to chase.

1 - You are not swimming on both sides. Start fixing that now by doing 2:1 on the side you don't prefer. Search back for all the good reasons why.

2 - You seem to 'want' to do a streamline, but you aren't. Tighten that up and be strict about it. It only works if it's perfect, so do it that way. Off the wall, AND at the top of every stroke cycle.

3 - Looking forward. A VERY bad habit, this is affecting your balance. Look straight down, or toward the side you are breathing.

4 - Your kicks and pulls are productive and well timed in my opinion. I don't like the recovery though. You are making a fist with your top arm rather than keeping it close to the body and sneaking it back out front.

That's a 1:36 on camera, which if held x 5 is an 8:00 flat 500Y. Your issues are all repairable with practice and discipline. Nothing big here. There's absolutely no doubt you'll hit the top of your draft if you fix this stuff.

Thanks very much for the help, fargo007. These are exactly the kind of critiques that I was looking for to improve my form/time, and I really appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
      X