Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mechanical Comprehension - Best place to study?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mechanical Comprehension - Best place to study?

I made a decent AFQT score but my line score for MC was a 42, can anyone recommend a good site/ several sites that would help boost that?

Right now I am using ASVAB for dummies, Union Test prep, and I am using flashcards to memorize key words and equations. I'm kind of in your shoes, I passed the MC but my line scores for AR and VE were off by 9 points.

Comment

ASVAB mastery App, and ASVAB for dummies App.

Comment

Go pickup some dead or half dead small engines...salvage a lawnmower or some other type hopefully you get the point... go buy some tools and teach yourself engine theory..then tear that baby apart and make it work...by then your understanding of tools, mechanical functions and theory of moving parts hopefully seeded itself into your brain...you wont get the type of mechanical comprehension sought after in an operator by reading a book.

Learn how things around you work. Learn how to fix amd repair. Not saying you shouldn't read the books too but you'll have more sucess actually doing mechanical things. Pull some stuff apart and put it together....can't afford afford a used broken engine then try your car out..do some basic maintenance and get a grasp on comprehending mechanical functions.

Just my $0.02..I grew up riding dirtbikes doing my own repairs this is the best advice I can offer. Im still a dummy in regards to electronics but know the basics. Learn to identify what electrical circuits look like on paper too.
        "Lord, let me not prove unworthy of my brothers."

"Ace Ventura: If you were me, then I'd be you, and I'd use *your* body to get to the top. You can't stop me no matter who you are!"

“Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” - Walt Disney

Comment

Working...
        X