X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ndiang77
    started a topic Asvab troubles.

Asvab troubles.

Hey everyone. So I am 23 years old I have been out of school now for about 5 years, I went to learn a trade out of high school have been doing that ever since. I am struggling now to take this asvab and study for it mostly everything is a challenge. I'm pretty good with the Mechanical comprehension , math, verbal and paragraph comprehension anyone have any pointers of good books , apps, places to go for a tudor or something like that. I'm currently using the Kaplan asvab premier its helped a little just a bad test taker. Also I am psychically fit, I can pass a practice pt with competitive scoring on everything will this help me with my asvab score or are they looked at separately.

Thanks

• Ndiang77
    commented on 's reply
    thank you sir

• Nickbrown_9
    replied
    I used ASVAB For Dummies to start out learn the basics, it really breaks it down for you. Kaplan ASVAB is another good one I used and I highly recommend the ASVAB Mastery app you can use it anywhere before you go to bed or when you're just chillin watching tv during commercials you can use it.

Leave a comment:

• Roboscout 302
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, getting a waiver can happen but DO NOT count on it. The reason why i was granted one was my CSORT was in the positive Y-Band score range & my PST was in the auto qual standards. If I could do this all over again I would've hired a tutor & studied for 6-9 months before I started the process. Feel free to reach out to me if you have any other concerns.

Respectfully, Roboscout.

• Ndiang77
    commented on 's reply
    thanks man ill get on it.

• tfranc
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah man it's all about those combinations. Focus all of your energy there, the rest is almost a waste of time.

• BearPole
    replied
    Do as many online practice tests. Many questions are the same on the test. Dummies and Kaplan are great but do practice tests if you say you're weak in that.

They look at the whole person if your ASVAB scores are say under ten point off I believe you can get a waiver. Roboscout on these.forums I believe has experience with ASVAB waiver.

Leave a comment:

• Ndiang77
    commented on 's reply
    No maybe ill try that to

• Ndiang77
    commented on 's reply
    No shop info isn't a major requirement and i didn't know there was a list ill look for it thanks

• tfranc
    replied
    Gotcha. Somewhere on this website, there is a list of preferred combinations for the ASVAB. Have you looked at that already? I don't remember "shop information" being a major requirement.

Leave a comment:

• Jackson42
    replied
    Have you tried asvab for dummies

Leave a comment:

• Ndiang77
    commented on 's reply
    Arithmetic Reasoning, Shop Information, Automotive Information, Electronics Information

• tfranc
    replied
    You told us what you're good at. We need to know what you're bad at, specifically.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X