Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recruiter troubles, do not qualify for seal?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recruiter troubles, do not qualify for seal?

Hello everyone I had just recently took my ASVAB my line scores where as followed

GS-53

AR-44

WK-50

PC-49

MK-52

EI-63

AS-57

MC-52

AO-53

VE-50

CS-56

Now I know you shouldnt aim for it but would these scores qualify me for at least a waiver. I aimed to do well on the science, mechanical comprehension, and electric info section I scored a 168 I believe. My recruiters saying I do not qualify and can not get a waiver. I thought it was min10 point off and you could get a waiver.

Thanks.

You were 2 points off on the 1st combo. Getting a waiver IS possible! Considering I had to acquire one from my ASVAB. What's your AFQT? Have you PST'd? If so, what were your scores & what's your CSORT? I'd like to guide you in the right direction! Don't let a recruiter discourage you. Talk to your NSW mentor & he'll get you in, trust me!

Comment

• Ndiang77
      Ndiang77 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for the response I got a AFQT Of 44 not the greatest I know and I have practice pst'd. I have not takin the CSORT But my pst scores are Run- 8min, Swim- 8:30, Push ups- 80, Sit ups-100, Pull ups- 14.
      Last edited by Ndiang77; 05-03-2017, 06:00 PM.

Originally posted by Ndiang77 View Post
    Hello everyone I had just recently took my ASVAB my line scores where as followed

GS-53

AR-44

WK-50

PC-49

MK-52

EI-63

AS-57

MC-52

AO-53

VE-50

CS-56

Now I know you shouldnt aim for it but would these scores qualify me for at least a waiver. I aimed to do well on the science, mechanical comprehension, and electric info section I scored a 168 I believe. My recruiters saying I do not qualify and can not get a waiver. I thought it was min10 point off and you could get a waiver.

Thanks.
    currently no ASVAB waivers but as long as you are not DEP'ed in you can retake it after a certain time period

Comment

• Roboscout 302
      Roboscout 302 commented
      Editing a comment
      I respectfully disagree with the first part of your post. Waivers are a case-by-case. It depends on an X number of people in the draft pool in any given month. For example, let's say for the northeastern region, there's 35 slots available for SO & 30 qualified gents are selected but there's 5 remaining available and nothing but those who need waivers wanting this program.
      Then the command will then review those who needs a particular waiver then either accept or decline your package. As far as ASVAB retakes, after your initial test you have to wait a month. If the 1st retake still isn't good enough you'll have to wait another month. And if you still haven't made the score on the 2nd retake then you'll have to wait 6 months for retest.

• onlyoneoption
      onlyoneoption commented
      Editing a comment
      well they are not giving out the waivers anymore thats what my NSW scout confirmed.

I would study your *** off for the VE MC AR and MK, retake it, and score within range acceptable for SO or whatever NSW branch you're aiming for. This way you don't need to snag a waiver..

Comment

Dude, just study and retake the ASVAB. Its a barrier and now it's your job to break through it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ndiang77 View Post

GS-53

AR-44

WK-50

PC-49

MK-52

EI-63

AS-57

MC-52

AO-53

VE-50

CS-56

Thanks.
        How I got my score from a 48 to a 63 was I bought a Mcgrawl Hill ASVAB edition that also came with a CD (Computerized test). It came with a diagnostic test so I saw what I was messing up on and went on from there. It took me about three months of studying it just like my Bible (I've studied it religiously is what I'm saying). My hands-down advice:
        1) Study 4-5 days a week for an hour in a place where there is ZERO distractions
        2) Hire a tutor/find someone who can help you. I got help from somebody who got a 26 on their ACT & they were more patient with me than my own teachers
        3) Study the AFQT specifics & the MC. You can add in the GS & EI as an extra (if you have time).

Here's the schedule I followed:
        Mon- Math Knowledge- Go through lesson plan from book & review formulas
        Tue- Word Knowledge- Study roots/prefixes/suffixes & Mechanical Comprehension
        Wed- Arithmetic Reasoning- Go through lesson plan & review formulas
        Thurs- Paragraph Comp & Mechanical Comprehension
        Sat- 45 min review of what you learned

Some other resources I've used were Khan Academy, Union Test Prep & ASVAB for dummies. Give yourself a quiz/mock test every 2 weeks. Let me know on your progress & don't let your recruiter push you into joining. IT'S YOUR CAREER!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Roboscout 302 View Post

How I got my score from a 48 to a 63 was I bought a Mcgrawl Hill ASVAB edition that also came with a CD (Computerized test). It came with a diagnostic test so I saw what I was messing up on and went on from there. It took me about three months of studying it just like my Bible (I've studied it religiously is what I'm saying). My hands-down advice:
          1) Study 4-5 days a week for an hour in a place where there is ZERO distractions
          2) Hire a tutor/find someone who can help you. I got help from somebody who got a 26 on their ACT & they were more patient with me than my own teachers
          3) Study the AFQT specifics & the MC. You can add in the GS & EI as an extra (if you have time).

Here's the schedule I followed:
          Mon- Math Knowledge- Go through lesson plan from book & review formulas
          Tue- Word Knowledge- Study roots/prefixes/suffixes & Mechanical Comprehension
          Wed- Arithmetic Reasoning- Go through lesson plan & review formulas
          Thurs- Paragraph Comp & Mechanical Comprehension
          Sat- 45 min review of what you learned

Some other resources I've used were Khan Academy, Union Test Prep & ASVAB for dummies. Give yourself a quiz/mock test every 2 weeks. Let me know on your progress & don't let your recruiter push you into joining. IT'S YOUR CAREER!!!!
          Thank you I been following that schedule it's working well I'm about to retake the test soon. Also I haven't let me recruiter pressure me into joint even though he is this is very annoying. I told him to cut the bs the first day lol

Comment

• Roboscout 302
            Roboscout 302 commented
            Editing a comment
            Right on, brotha! Let us know what you make! I'll be looking forward to your success!
        Working...
        X