Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fleet returnee help

Good afternoon all,
    I am currently active duty and have previously been to BUD/s. I was dropped after first phase (21months ago) and I am in the process of trying to go back. I just had a package denied by the SO shop, and since my rate is undermanned, I am being told I will not get released from my rate (Corpsman). Additionally, I am up for orders in June (also my 2 year mark from getting dropped) which is also the next submission cycle review date, so I am fighting time as well. Can anybody shed light on what my options are? After I finish at my current duty station I will have 10months left in my enlistment. I want to make sure that going back is still possible, because I am being told it is very unlikely for me to return. Any help/information is appreciated.
    Thank you very much for your time and help.

Ever look into SARC?

Comment

Not really interested in it. I Don't have a passion for medicine.

Comment

May I ask why you were dropped?

Comment

Ummm please tell me what it said? There is nothing wrong with my bio.

Comment

Go be a SARC you'll study and utilize medicine on the Teams. Besides SEAL is just a glorified rate, every corpsman I've met can tell stories to match theirs. You'll be taught to shoot, jump, dive and blow **** up. Might even go through SQT if they like you enough.

Every Team has a variation of a corpsman or medic. Combat Dive Medic or the likes. Push for an NSW rate if you really want it but as you can tell corpsmans are a rare. Just push for a combat role or get into BUD/s come hell or high water.

Personally, I don't take orders well. If I was trained for combat medicine and wanted to pursue extra duty like spec war and some career officer who's only there cause of his degree daddy bought him, told me "sorry you can't go". I'd pack my **** up and go come zero dark thirty. Slip out unseen

They are asking for unconventional warfighters. Don't be conventional in your push to join the Teams. Or do cause that's the process we have been corralled into. Up to you.

Just my two cents if its worth that
            "Lord, let me not prove unworthy of my brothers."

"Ace Ventura: If you were me, then I'd be you, and I'd use *your* body to get to the top. You can't stop me no matter who you are!"

“Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” - Walt Disney

Comment

Not interested in SARC, lets nip that in the butt here. I guess I am more curious about what there is to do as far as crossrating while in an undermanned rate. What there is that I could possibly do/any stories you have heard about people succeeding at doing this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jono View Post
                Not interested in SARC, lets nip that in the butt here. I guess I am more curious about what there is to do as far as crossrating while in an undermanned rate. What there is that I could possibly do/any stories you have heard about people succeeding at doing this.
                Id be honored to be a SARC... As far as cross rating not a clue...Id stick corpsman as they have earned their place on the Teams. On a Team there are more than just SEALs I am sure you know this as you're active duty.

I mean what is it that you want to do? Are you trying to get into a combat role where you are not a medic?

You were taught to save lives I am totally clueless as why you would want to step into combat and not have the added ability to keep your brothers alive while laying down 7.62mm death rain. ☔ I mean if you earned a name as a badass SARC you realize you just might get an invite to get SEAL qualified.... If its combat you want finish your enlistment and go become an 0311 or 11B.

kinda confused you dont want to be a combat medic but you want to pursue a combat role where you are not a medic? Or are you just trying to crossrate out of corpsmen? Just trying to clarify.

Last edited by BearPole; 4 weeks ago.

"Ace Ventura: If you were me, then I'd be you, and I'd use *your* body to get to the top. You can't stop me no matter who you are!"

“Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” - Walt Disney

Comment

If I had a Corpsmen in my grasp as a Platoon Commander who is aspiring to become SEAL-Qualified and he didn't want to be a combat medic id say kick rocks. Why did you become a Corpsman in the first place, was it your choice after challenge contract attempt and you were told it was a selected rate for combat, or?

You say you have no interest in medicine but you selected to be a corpsman. I am becoming as confused as you trying to probe where you're at lol

Comment

Look, please stop talking about SARC, I am sick of hearing about it. I had to pick undesignated, or corpsman, so obviously I took corpsman. Plus, it was overmanned at the time so I thought I would not have a problem getting released from my rate. I didn't join the navy to be a SARC.

Comment

Okay thank you for clarifying.

Well keep pushing for an NSW rate see if EOD or DIVER or SWCC need manning. Might be easier to push one of those than another slot at BUD/s. You gotta understand the instructors also determine if they want you back or not.

Try to push another NSW rate or just finish your enlistment term. That or message a few mods on here maybe they can better shed light. Call the USN SEAL phone line. Let em know you want back in. Be persistent.

Not sure what else to say. I hope you find clarity and wisdom in your decision and thank you for assisting in keep the homeland safe.

Comment

Working...
                      X