Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dive physical

-Prior service active navy currently in the selected reserves YG 2014-

I am in the works of putting together an RC to AC package for SO, However I have come across a hurdle I need effective guidance on.

*Dive Physical*
    Currently I do not have accessibility to a UMO due to my geographic location

My medical department is compromised of corpsman who are not qualified to complete the required dive physical (DD2807-1, 2808, NAVPERS 1200-6.)

Would I have to travel to a common Naval base in order to seek out a UMO or could the local NSW scout recruiter set me up to complete this at the local MEPS
    In addition I have read varying sources across the web that may or not be reliable, discussing that a civilian practitioner can complete the dive physical as long a UMO has the final approval.

Any guidance would be greatly beneficial moving forward, Thanks.

The prevailing authority is MILPERSMAN 1220-300, which states "examinations may be conducted by any physician, but an undersea medical officer (UMO) or diving medical officer (DMO) must approve and review all examinations/reports. BUMED (M3/50M2) can review and sign physical examinations for accessions [that's you] performed by another credentialed medical provider where a Navy UMO or DMO is not proximately available."
    So if you are not near a military medical facility, you may use a private doctor to conduct the screening and fill out the forms. Then you must send them to a UMO or DMO for approval and BUMED will give final approval. Make sure you consult the MILPERSMAN 1220-300 and MANMED Article 15-105, both of which are conveniently available for download from this site.
    Navy SEAL & SWCC Scout Team

"The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission."

John F. Kennedy
    35th President of U.S. 1961-1963 (1917 - 1963)

Comment

Working...
    X