Marine to SEAL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marine to SEAL

I’m an active duty Marine Corps recruiter that has about a year and a half left on contract. When I get out I will be at 9 years TIS. I am a Sgt at the moment but am getting looked at to be promoted to SSgt. Also I will be 27 by the time I EAS.

My question is, if I pick up SSgt (E-6) will I still be able to EAS then Re-enlist into the Navy with a SEAL contract (assuming I meet the physical requirements)? I don’t care about getting sent back down to E-5, being a SEAL is more important than rank to me. Could someone give me insight in to the whole process? I feel like I’m highly qualified mentally and physically. I just wouldn’t want to get out of the Marines just to not be able to go SEALs. Thank y’all for your time!

You face a tough road. Nine years of service is well beyond our limit of six. Picking up E6 likely won't be a problem since the Navy is unlikely to bring you in as E6 in any rating. I recommend you contact the SEAL Enlisted Community Manager to discuss your situation before you make a choice. PM me for the phone number.
    Navy SEAL & SWCC Scout Team

"The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission."

John F. Kennedy
    35th President of U.S. 1961-1963 (1917 - 1963)

Comment

Working...
    X