Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Scout Team Road Trip

Would you be interested in attending an event to find out more about us and maybe get in a little workout? We're putting together a list of places for a road trip. PM Scott Williams (Admin)and tell him your location.
2 of 2 < >

Navy Challenge Program Instruction PDF Download

See more
See less

EOD to SEAL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EOD to SEAL

I read the thread on going from ND to SO, and I see that being an ND wouldn't effect my chances of going to BUD/S from the fleet, but I'm wondering if it's the same for EOD guys as well, particularly ones with SOF experience. The reason I ask this question is because I can never decide which one I want to do more, so I'm considering the possibility of becoming an EOD and later on moving to becoming a SEAL.
    Somewhere a true believer is training to kill us. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs; his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. He is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at night, he is home. He knows only the cause.

For this reason, we do not quit.

Re: EOD to SEAL

All Navy rates have the opportunity to apply for SEAL and SWCC. Each job will have a minimum requirement of time you must complete prior to an application being submitted.

As you hear us all say ALL THE TIME however, if you want to be a SEAL, be a SEAL. If you want to be a Navy Diver or EOD go do that, they are both great, fulfilling, jobs. Don’t take one job over another because you think "well, I'll just gain some experience and then go SEAL." They are all three separate jobs, yes EOD operators will support both SEALs and SF but their primary job is EOD.

Best of Luck

Senior

Comment

Working...
    X