Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I can't make it...

Howdy there,

So I have a question that has seriously been bugging me. I told my recruiter that if I wasn't able to make it through BUD/S I wouldn't want to continue in the Navy and she said, if I washed out of BUD/S I would be given the option to continue in the Navy or exit the service. Is this true? They said the same was true for Nuclear Engineers.

-Alex

In my humble opinion, I don’t think you should attend BUD/S if you’re not 100% convinced that you’re gonna make it through no matter what. I don’t have the answer to your question however. Good luck brother

Comment

if you fail out you become needs of the navy

Comment

I can't speak for the Nuclear Navy, but I can speak for BUD/S. Washouts are reassigned elsewhere in the Navy. Period.
        Navy SEAL & SWCC Scout Team

"The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission."

John F. Kennedy
        35th President of U.S. 1961-1963 (1917 - 1963)

Comment

Here’s some advice. When people ask me if I’m worried about washing out, I tell them washing out isn’t even an option and the regular Navy doesn’t even exist in my mind. Don’t make washing out an option. I know In some cases you get injured or sick and get dropped from training but you can in most cases go back, but if you can’t, at least you did everything you could have, and didn’t quit. Do everything in your power and make it happen.

Comment

Working...
          X