Announcement

Collapse

Official Podcast Now Posted!

The Official Navy SEAL & SWCC podcast, "The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday", is now posted in the Downloads section https://www.sealswcc.com/navy-seal-podcast.html. Hear from real, active duty Navy SEALs, SWCC, and key support staff from NSW as they talk training, requirements, ethos, and more. Hooyah!
See more
See less

Did I screw myself/ can I come back?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I screw myself/ can I come back?

This isn't a sob story but I have to provide background for context. I DORd a little over two years ago due to issues with age/maturity, size/strength and a series of mental restraints collectively called mental weakness. Ultimately I left out of fear of being the weak link that gets someone else hurt and the flawed mindset of: "I'm not going to make it, may as well save myself and the cadre some time and go now". Like many, after I left I was mentally devastated and in a very bad place. I picked up AIRR and went there depressed with a bad attitude and even though I was crushing it physically, there was no drive inside of me anymore and I was completely empty. I didn't like the community either. So in a moment of anger and complete disregard for the outcome of anything I dropped out of there too. I stayed at rock bottom hating myself for months. Deservingly, I ended up undesignated on a ship.

Somehow one day I just snapped out of it and relabeled this bottom I had hit as a clean slate to reinvent myself. I hate the past me and I embrace my current self with respect. Sense that day I have relentlessly worked to build myself into my best version. I am stronger, faster, mentally resilient and better than I ever was. I just want to crush everything with absolute dedication and full effort. I did this for myself, not because I wanted to go back. But here I am and I ask myself why don't I go back? Now every cell in my body wants it. It comes down to the classic "Man in the Arena" concept I don't care what my past actions lead people to believe about me, I was a weak minded quitter and that's what people are going to think. I don't care, I'm the man in the arena now and I know who I am and what I'm capable of. I want back in.

Did my past actions screw me? Is a double spec. program drop eligible to return?

Thanks for the consideration.

Well, I will tell you one thing, your chances are ZERO if you don't give it another try. Not only will you have a chance trying but definitely a better one than your last one with your new attitude.

Comment

In absolute agreement with you Tippy305. I better just put that package in that's the only way I'll really know. Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

TheSaint, doesn’t hurt to try. Worst that can happen is being told no.

Comment

Working...
        X