Announcement

Collapse

Official Podcast Now Posted!

The Official Navy SEAL & SWCC podcast, "The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday", is now posted in the Downloads section https://www.sealswcc.com/navy-seal-podcast.html. Hear from real, active duty Navy SEALs, SWCC, and key support staff from NSW as they talk training, requirements, ethos, and more. Hooyah!
See more
See less

Applying for SO contract with a friend?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for SO contract with a friend?

Hello, I did a bit of searching and I was unable to come across this specific situation. I along with a very close friend of mine have wanted to be in NSW, specifically as SEALs for years. We are seniors in high school now and we are beginning to make the final adjustments to our plan for what's next. My friend is in month 3 of DEP and I will be enlisting soon. I had to delay as I waited to turn 18, my parents wanted me to wait to make the decision until then. Will our ship dates change after we contract, and if so what could I generally expect the time difference to be from the original date? Could we expect to go to BUD/s together if we contract at the same time despite our difference in the time we initially enlisted? Thank you very much, any info is greatly appreciated.

Your ship dates change once your contract. For example I was HM before I got my SO contract and my ship date bounced from January to July. I imagine your best bet at getting a similar ship to your friend's date is getting autoqual scores at the same PST.
    I've got to warn you, however, that shipping with your friend can be risky. Sometimes if friend 1 drops, friend 2, who was solid until that point falls apart seeing his friend DOR, whom he regarded as a rock. Sometimes it works though, it's a case by case thing. Good luck to you.

Comment

Originally posted by jlhota View Post
      Your ship dates change once your contract. For example I was HM before I got my SO contract and my ship date bounced from January to July. I imagine your best bet at getting a similar ship to your friend's date is getting autoqual scores at the same PST.
      I've got to warn you, however, that shipping with your friend can be risky. Sometimes if friend 1 drops, friend 2, who was solid until that point falls apart seeing his friend DOR, whom he regarded as a rock. Sometimes it works though, it's a case by case thing. Good luck to you.
      Okay we were planning on taking the same PST because we both will have the same seal motivator. As far as the risk of shipping with a friend is concerned, you're exactly right, that is a super important aspect to consider. I've though through that scenario in my head a few times and I know that I want this bad enough to do it on my own. I am my own "rock". Hooyah

Comment

Working...
      X