Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When should I step into the recruiters office?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When should I step into the recruiters office?

I'm 20 years old and will have my associates degree in 4 weeks. I plan on leaving for Boot Camp sometime in the fall (September or October) so I can enjoy the summer, workout, and continue to coach high school football. All my scores are autoqual. If I step into the recruiter within the next week or so, could I get a contract for a fall ship date or is that too far out to determine? I wasn't planning on stepping in until I get my associates degree so I can get the bonus/E-3 pay grade, but I'm not sure if it's too early to pursue it. Thanks in advance.
    -Sean

If you want to ship in the fall, then you don't want to be talking to a recruiter yet. If you showed up now, and autoqualled, you would likely ship in May.

Comment

Just like jlhota said, you will probably get a date in may. They like to give dates around 1-2 months, sometimes 3 months. Anything after that is pretty difficult to get from the people at meps. If it was a family event or something very important for you then they may be able to work something out. Good luck.

Comment

I know it's exciting, but don't rush it. My friend and I are trying to ship this fall as well. I likely won't be contacting my recruiter again until late May. It sounds like we could potentially class up together, so be sure to post your ship date in the shipping forum once you get one. Best of luck to you.

Comment

If your scores are autoqual and assuming nothing goes wrong with medical or the asvab, you will likely get contracted within a couple of weeks from stepping into the recruiter's office. You will most likely be given a ship date for the month after but if there are some extenuating circumstances they may be able to pull something where your ship date is not for another 2-3 months. I am finishing college and was just able to get a ship date for July as opposed to May which would have normally been the next date to ship out (I believe the dates are every 2 months or so). If you are trying to leave October / November, I would say to walk in early September, or if you want to get the ball rolling earlier like I did then probably late July / early August but make sure you explain your situation to them.

Comment

Working...
          X