Question. Ship dates after receiving a Contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question. Ship dates after receiving a Contract

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've read on the forum it sounds like after you get contracted you usually ship out 1-3 months later. Is this true? Do you have a choice when you ship or is it just random? If I got a contract in November could I expect a ship date in Dec or Jan? I'm a little confused and would like some clarification. Thanks!

I have heard of cases where guys asked for a farther out ship date to prep more and it was granted. However it probably depends and could be situation based.

Comment

Yeah, that's kinda what I thought. Just trying to plan ahead. Don't want to end up in BUD/s in the winter. I'd like to believe that I'd still make it through but I don't want to test it.

Comment

If you leave in december you still have boot camp, bud/s prep and bud/s orientation before first phase actually starts. Also, if you get there before a class starts you will be waiting. If you're worried about going to bud/s in the winter maybe you should seriously think about your reasons. Even if you go in "perfect" weather you are still gonna be tested like any other class. Don't forget about all the cold weather training you got to do as well after bud/s. Have fun!

Comment

Bryant1129 Thanks for the information! I get your point. No matter how cold it is, this is what I want and I won't stop until I get it. There is no doubt in my mind that I would make it in a winter class, but if you can choose why choose a winter class?
          Last edited by SCZ1999; 08-26-2019, 03:45 PM.

Comment

You might want to re-read your post buddy.

Comment

I actually kinda hope I get a winter class. I want to see how hard it is. Putting yourself thru the toughest stuff is what makes a seal no? Screw it go all out

Comment

Yeah I love reading the books about BUD/S and hell week. All of them that I know of are about winter classes. I always thought I’d be cool to come out of Hell week with 20 some guys when you started with 40 or 50.

Comment

Working...
                X