Year groups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Year groups

I've read this on previous posts and I don't not fully understand what does someone's "Year Group" mean? Also, I have a dual citizenship, but the government in the country where I have a dual citizenship in is shut down, how do I renounce it? I'll be 29 in September, so I have to get to boot camp before then. I Know the process is long but I need to know what "year group" means. Any help on both is appreciated, thanks guys.

9:05 C.S.S.
    10:14

It's the fiscal year you joined the Navy and went to recruit training. If you joined today, your year group would be 2020. It means more to fleet candidates who are trying to convert to a rating with an open year group for manning purposes than it does to you.
    Navy SEAL & SWCC Scout Team

"The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission."

John F. Kennedy
    35th President of U.S. 1961-1963 (1917 - 1963)

Comment

I sent you several replies via private messages regarding how to renounce your dual citizenship.

Contact your countries citizenship department and inquire about their process to renounce. Follow that process. Mine took about 5 months to complete but I expedited it.

You said Syria doesn't allow you to renounce so that would mean you cannot renounce, unless they have a formal process. Contact a Syrian consulate or embassy and ask how to renounce formally. You will be provided proof of renounciation once it is completed.

also consider the fact we are kinda at war in Syria wont help joining the countrys army who's fighting against it as you may get screened for rigourously, I dont know for sure.

If your renounciation takes awhile look into SWCC or Diver since age cutoff is 30. Otherwise look into a Navy rate that doesnt require a clearance.
      "Lord, let me not prove unworthy of my brothers."

"Ace Ventura: If you were me, then I'd be you, and I'd use *your* body to get to the top. You can't stop me no matter who you are!"

“Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” - Walt Disney

Comment

To add on to BearPole, renouncing your citizenship to a country we are at war with, especially at 28, might not look so great for security reasons. But definitely give it your all.

Comment

That was not me sir. That was a different Ali. I spoke to him as well for he is in a similar position. My dual citizenship is in Lebanon. We are not at war with Lebanon, but they are in the midst of a possible civil war so the government there is closed. Thank you for the responses they aid me greatly.

Comment

Well it’s shut down then it’s shut down. Only way to renounce it is through them. If it opens back up before your times up, http://www.lebanonembassyus.org/renu...tizenship.html - do that immediately

Comment

My apologies for the mix up! Contact a Consulate or Embassy and see whats required to renounce is all you can do. If they're shut down then contact a governmental rep, where theres a will theres a way.

"Ace Ventura: If you were me, then I'd be you, and I'd use *your* body to get to the top. You can't stop me no matter who you are!"

“Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” - Walt Disney

Comment

I saw that already Liz, and thanks for looking that up, but I don know if you know about revolutions in the Middle East.... they tend to take a long, long time. Time I don’t have. Does ANYBODY know of a different way to renounce a citizenship? I speak Arabic fluently, have a 4 year degree, ran a million dollar towing company for 10 years.

I was born and raised in Michigan.

Comment

I’ve got nothing to do today, I’ll search the internet and see what I can find. How did you get this citizenship if you don’t mind me asking?

Comment

And have you tried sending it to the embassy, is the embassy shut down? Are you sure you can do it even if the government is down there? If it’s open, can you go there and ask them personally?

Comment

The Armed Forces used to allow you to write a letter stating you renounce but that is no longer accepted. You need an official document from your renounced country stating that they recognize you have renounced and have revoked citizenry. Reason being is that you have military obligation to them... An example one could be dispatched as a spy from a country to join US forces and by renouncing the country through the official channels you are free from military orders and obligation to that country. You need to go through the official renounciation process for it to be accepted. Just pursue the official route. My country had an expedited process so look into if Lebanon does and get on it.

Comment

If you were born in Michigan that'd mean your parents applied for your Lebanese citizenship. See if there if a Lebanese Consulate in your area and contact them regarding renouncing. Some countries allow consular visits and a formal renounciation process, some are stickler and want it all on paper with a minor payment etc etc

Comment

Don't think SEAL is your only option. SWCC, EOD, DIVER are all awesome routes and at least with Diver you'll have a skill if you leave in 6 years. The SEAL's just got a bigger advertisement budget is why everyone wants to join them and hollywood made it seem "cool". Diver and SWCC cutoff is age 30 which would allow you time to renounce. EOD may be 30yrs but I am not positive. SEAL is not the only way to help the fight, being a part of Naval SpecWar is an honor and every role is a necessity, don't give up on the dream if you get to old for SEAL before being able to renounce, after all a SEAL Team has more than just SEAL's although each member may be SEAL qualified there are other useful rates that you can pursue.

Comment

Also consider the fact that age waivers do exist. You may be eligible for one if the renounciation process takes to long. Where there is a will there is a way.

Comment

Liz, I really appreciate you looking out. My dad got the citizenship for me when I was young so he could buy property there and put it in my name for inheritance. He applied for that citizenship.
                              They announced that they are closing all consulates to save money. I might just have to go to the actual embassy in D.C.
                              BearPole, I greatly appreciate your input sir, and I will take head to your advise. I will contact the consulate before they close and attempt to renounce it there.
                              Also, I do understand the various important, vital and critical aspects and applications of our entire military, and the necessity of those applications to complete, establish and promote our projections as a nation.
                              I mean not any qualms with said applications and do not in any way connote any form of. I only wish to state, that I, having privileged of being in the greatest nation ever in existence, would be remiss if I did not take advantage of the freedom to choose. I, if within the parameters of the standard, choose to become a United States Navy Seal.
                              Thank you all for helping me in this endeavor.

Comment

Working...
                              X