• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm gonna ask a recruiter tomorrow.

Comment

I thought you said you asked one? Just tell me what they say

Comment

I did but i'm gonna send them that link you found. See what they say about that

Comment

Ok. Let me know

Comment

Thanks for information I have talked to a recruiter and they did say I have to renounce it.

Comment

I sent them the link. They said I have to do it through the formal channels. So that settles it I guess..

Comment

No I am not SpecWar, nor is my photograph a SEAL or SWCC insignia, it is a photograph from the Frogman community that my father learned of during his run through BUD/S and showed me it as a boy. Anyone with knowledge who reads into my name also will see it is a referance to Tadpoles which is what Frogmen in training have been called... The Bear is my spirit animal hence the Bear portion. I am not yet even a Tadpole, but in spirit. Training starts with your mind/spirit and then your body, everyone shows up fit and few have mental fortitude to perservere.

I am not even entering as SEAL anymore unless I make it in during my career onto a Team and qualify in SQT and selection, I am planning on HM-ATF as a DMT or SARC. Which makes you an asset to the community as much as a Frog. Just need to whip myself into better shape which I am doing currently.

Sounds like you found out the process Ali, ironically its the same as what I was saying and have done myself...pay the $300 and fill out paperwork. Thats the same thing I did, there was an option to expedite it which I did and it was done in about 5 months. Good luck with it and hope it goes quickly!

Hoo-Yah!
                Last edited by BearPole; 1 week ago.
                "Lord, let me not prove unworthy of my brothers."

"Ace Ventura: If you were me, then I'd be you, and I'd use *your* body to get to the top. You can't stop me no matter who you are!"

“Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” - Walt Disney

Comment

Also make sure you fully understand the implications of giving up citizenry it is a impactful move. As for me all my family lives in the country I renounced and it is very hard to get citizenship back. Its a part of the sacrifice you make to Serve these great United States of America,so make Dam well sure that your heart is set on it! As for myself it has taken me years to figure out my path to SpecWar but I am near your age Ali and decided it is something I am doing so it was worth it for me.

"Ace Ventura: If you were me, then I'd be you, and I'd use *your* body to get to the top. You can't stop me no matter who you are!"

“Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” - Walt Disney

Comment

Respect BearPole. My bad for the mix-up holmes. You seem quite knowledgeable, and I made an assumption. Nonetheless, thanks for the support. Back at you brotha

Comment

Love the Ace Ventura quote too.

Comment

Give em Hell Ali and give no quarter!
                        Hoo-Yah!

Comment

Working...
                        X