SO contract questions?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SO contract questions?

Ok so, I have a general all around question and hope I put it in the right section. I've been in DEP for 4 months and I didn't come in prepared at all (try not to laugh at my scores) my first official pst numbers:

11:51
    11:12

4 months down the road and here are my new official numbers:

asvab 51 (****** I know)
    9:20
    9:57
    c-sort 51 (kind of average still not the best)

Here's my all around question, I'm not contracted and ship June 13th so my time to contract is coming down to the last minute. My mentor said with those numbers I would get picked up with SWCC that doesn't sound bad but I want SEAL, with a asvab and a c-sort of that caliber (haha) what would my numbers have to be to earn a SO contract and is it possible to get an extended ship date to give myself a little more time to earn a SO contract. Also I'm 25 about to be 26 if I do go SB I must do an obligated 3 years before I can ask for a chance at Bud/s. By then I'll be 30 and I would need a age waiver which is not impossible but I hear it would be difficult to get. Any feedback and advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I would not depend on the possibility of the navy extending your ship date. Get your pull-ups to 20 and you run under 930 and your chances will be much higher. If you do not auto qual then you have 2 chances to be picked up, the draft in April and the Draft in May.

Comment

• GT500E
      GT500E commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I'm not getting my hopes up on the extended ship date. Still gonna ask to see what they say. I know I can get my swim under 9 and run to 9:30 but my mentors are really getting on my *** about SB. I'm doing at least 100 pull ups a day 10 sets of 10 minimum any advice to get to 20 pull ups.

You're showing great improvement, in my opinion keep shooting for that SO contract if the time is getting to close for you to ship out just take the SB contract nothing wrong with SWCC they are still special ops and they are just as bad *** as SEALs. You may not here about them but they are out there. Who knows you might enjoy being a boat guy I know I sure would.

Comment

• Nickbrown_9
      Nickbrown_9 commented
      Editing a comment
      But I would say get the swim to 8:30 (get a jammer swim suit if you don't have one already it will drop your time a lot) push-ups 95+ your sit ups are great pull ups 20+ and get that run to about 9:00.

• GT500E
      GT500E commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, and I can definantly hit those times on the run and swim. Push ups I know I can get to, its just pull ups are my enemy I think I need to do more the 10 sets of 10 and kick it up to 20 sets of 10.

Were you ever able to get your SO contract?

Comment

GT500E GT500 I think it would help you greatly to do less sets and more reps per set. If you only ever do 10 at once it will never go up.

Comment

Originally posted by erinoconnormusic View Post
        GT500E GT500 I think it would help you greatly to do less sets and more reps per set. If you only ever do 10 at once it will never go up.
        Whats the best routine for pull-ups?

Comment

Pull up pyramids that go up to right below your max are good. If you can't complete your total reps for a workout finish them using eccentric pull ups (negatives) and suspension trainer or ring rows . It's also important to add in auxiliary back movements in occasionally to strengthen your entire back not just your lats. The ultimate goal is greater strength so take time and work on that and the numbers will come. Getting better at pull-ups can take many months.

Comment

Working...
          X