Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PST advice (i know my scores are bad lol)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PST advice (i know my scores are bad lol)

I am not currently in DEP or taking PSTs but I am training for them. I expect to be at my first PST after I get Lasik eye surgery so roughly 7-9 months down the road!! I dont want to get into details but i was in DEP trying out for Diver and wasn't physically prepared to pass the PST so i decided it would be best to leave the program and take more time to train. I am now going to go for SO.

First PST ever was:
    Swim: 13:05
    Push: 33
    Sit: 44
    Pull: 0
    Run:12:05

My current PST is roughly :
    Swim: 10:15
    Push: 55
    Sit: 80
    Pull: 10
    Run: 10:22

I am wondering is it a good goal to shoot for these scores below in about a 7 months? Or should i raise/lower them?

Swim: <9
    Push: >90 (good form, not BS half reps some guys pull at PSTs)
    Sit: >110
    Pull: >16
    Run:<9

Seems feasible. Make a realistic workout schedule and go for it.

Comment

100% enough time. The optimums on this site, I believe 9:30 75 75 15 9:30 will get you a contract. After that your mentor can help you further increase those scores before you ship out. Your scores now are not that bad, and in 3-4 months you could definitely shave a minute off your run and swim times and get your pull ups and pushups to the optimums.

Comment

ALWAYS GOOD TO RE CAP; ALSO; BE SURE TO WATCH "NERVES" ASWELL, JUST A SUGGESTION; MAYBE YOUR A LITTLE TOO PREPARED, FREE ADVICE IF WARRANTED; NOTHING ELSE INTENDED;KEEP ON TOP OF TIME ISSUES AND CALCULATIONS, TOO; MAY WORK OUT WELL,,. JUST A TIP; NOT A COMMENT.

Comment

Working...
        X