Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PST advice (i know my scores are bad lol)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PST advice (i know my scores are bad lol)

I am not currently in DEP or taking PSTs but I am training for them. I expect to be at my first PST after I get Lasik eye surgery so roughly 7-9 months down the road!! I dont want to get into details but i was in DEP trying out for Diver and wasn't physically prepared to pass the PST so i decided it would be best to leave the program and take more time to train. I am now going to go for SO.

First PST ever was:
    Swim: 13:05
    Push: 33
    Sit: 44
    Pull: 0
    Run:12:05

My current PST is roughly :
    Swim: 10:15
    Push: 55
    Sit: 80
    Pull: 10
    Run: 10:22

I am wondering is it a good goal to shoot for these scores below in about a 7 months? Or should i raise/lower them?

Swim: <9
    Push: >90 (good form, not BS half reps some guys pull at PSTs)
    Sit: >110
    Pull: >16
    Run:<9

Seems feasible. Make a realistic workout schedule and go for it.

Comment

100% enough time. The optimums on this site, I believe 9:30 75 75 15 9:30 will get you a contract. After that your mentor can help you further increase those scores before you ship out. Your scores now are not that bad, and in 3-4 months you could definitely shave a minute off your run and swim times and get your pull ups and pushups to the optimums.

Comment

ALWAYS GOOD TO RE CAP; ALSO; BE SURE TO WATCH "NERVES" ASWELL, JUST A SUGGESTION; MAYBE YOUR A LITTLE TOO PREPARED, FREE ADVICE IF WARRANTED; NOTHING ELSE INTENDED;KEEP ON TOP OF TIME ISSUES AND CALCULATIONS, TOO; MAY WORK OUT WELL,,. JUST A TIP; NOT A COMMENT.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Slavin View Post
          I am not currently in DEP or taking PSTs but I am training for them. I expect to be at my first PST after I get Lasik eye surgery so roughly 7-9 months down the road!! I dont want to get into details but i was in DEP trying out for Diver and wasn't physically prepared to pass the PST so i decided it would be best to leave the program and take more time to train. I am now going to go for SO.

First PST ever was:
          Swim: 13:05
          Push: 33
          Sit: 44
          Pull: 0
          Run:12:05

My current PST is roughly :
          Swim: 10:15
          Push: 55
          Sit: 80
          Pull: 10
          Run: 10:22

I am wondering is it a good goal to shoot for these scores below in about a 7 months? Or should i raise/lower them?

Swim: <9
          Push: >90 (good form, not BS half reps some guys pull at PSTs)
          Sit: >110
          Pull: >16
          Run:<9
          UPDATE : RUN TIME is now 9:58 !

Comment

POSSIBLE TIP: TRAIN PUSHUPS /SITUPS /PULLUPS IN ORDER 50-50-50, ONE AFTER ANOTHER; AND INCREASE UPWARDS 55-55-55- AND MORE.., 76-76-76. TRY FOR SWIM 7 MINUTES AND RUN 9,AND A QUARTER, PLAUSIEBILITY, OVER MATTER; WHEN YOU PERFORM FOR PUSHUPS, INDEPENDENTLY DURING EXAMS, "ACTUAL QUALIFYER";; GO OVER LIMIT "BURN PHASING" TO INCREASE OTHER TIMES AND NUMBERS 1A.I., SITUPS, PULL UPS,, SWIM,,, RUNNING , OR COMBOS. I BELIEVE IN THE POOL THIS MAY BE AN ADVANTAGE BECAUSE OF SOLIDARITY, BECOMING MENTALLY DRIVEN, TO SURVIVE. "IN A DIFFERENT ELEMENT" YOU MAY GET AN PHYSICAL INCREASE, FROM THE PUSHUP BURN OUT, I BELIEVE, BUT ONLY PERSONALLY PONDER, THE POOL IS DIFFERENT UPPERBODY MUSCLE GROUPS,. DURING THE EXAMS AND TRAINING; THIS MIGHT BE WORTHWHILE TO LOOK INTO, BUT JUST AN IDEA, OR TIP. GOOD LUCK, KEEP UP THE EFFORTS, YOU SOUND ..CLEAR.

Comment

What can I do to lower my swim time if I'm at 16 minutes if anyone could, could someone critique my form by video?

Comment

• Josh Slavin
                Josh Slavin commented
                Editing a comment
                Watch videos of someone that is good as CSS and just practice , practice and more practice!! Just get in the water and swim . Your form doesnt have to be perfect you just have to have a good time. At NSW prep and boot they will help with form . I havent gone to boot yet so take that for what it is.

• RJ1
                RJ1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thais for the tip and info

YOU COULD POSSIBLY ASK SOMEONE TO HELP YOU INITAITE DOUBLING YOUR KICKING AND STRIKING AT THE POOL WITH YOUR ARMS FINGERS BOWED OUT AND TIPS UP, TO NATUARALLY CURVE THE WATER WITH YOUR FINGER WEBBING RATHER THAN CUPPING YOUR HANDS, BUT PROBABLY JUST A IDEALISTIC THEORY, MIND OVER MATTERS ALWAYS WORKS, DOUBLE YOUR PRACTICE, LOWER THE AMOUNT OF COFFEE, ITS A STIMULANT TOO. JUST A TIP.

Comment

I SENT A PRIVATE MESSAGE TO YOUR ACCOUNT, I THINK YOU MIGHT FIND IT USEFULL, THANKS.

Comment

Thanks for the info Ill try the tips.

Comment

Working...
                  X