Announcement

Collapse

Scout Team Road Trip

Would you be interested in attending an event to find out more about us and maybe get in a little workout? We're putting together a list of places for a road trip. PM Scott Williams (Admin)and tell him your location.
See more
See less

OCS right out of basic?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCS right out of basic?

Is it possible to go to OCS right out of basic? I've read some things which indicated yes,not at all and yes but you have to serve a year or 2 before getting a spot at OCS...would they make an acception for you to go if you are definately one of the more competitive candidates even if most do have to wait a couple of years?

Re: OCS right out of basic?

You're not getting a spot at OCS without the proper letters of recommendation, which from what I've heard, you wont get until you have a tour or two under your belt. I would guess 4 years enlisted is as soon as it will happen for a SEAL (2 years training + 2 years work up/tour). I'm sure an admin will have more insight for you.

Comment

Originally posted by thrasher45 View Post
      Is it possible to go to OCS right out of basic? I've read some things which indicated yes,not at all and yes but you have to serve a year or 2 before getting a spot at OCS...would they make an acception for you to go if you are definately one of the more competitive candidates even if most do have to wait a couple of years?
      If you are going to join the Navy and apply for an SO contract as an enlisted sailor you should be worried about training and making it through BUD/S and SQT not the soonest opportunity you could apply for an officer program. Having your priorities straight will greatly enhance your chances of success.

Senior

Comment

Well that is why I am asking, I am not a US citizen, therefore I will not be able to go directly to OCS, I have to go to basic. My goal is to be a seal officer so I wanted to know once I recieved my citizenship if I could go to OCS before BUDS rather than enter BUDS as an enlisted sailor then become an officer later on down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by thrasher45 View Post
          Well that is why I am asking, I am not a US citizen, therefore I will not be able to go directly to OCS, I have to go to basic. My goal is to be a seal officer so I wanted to know once I recieved my citizenship if I could go to OCS before BUDS rather than enter BUDS as an enlisted sailor then become an officer later on down the road.
          To obtain a SEAL contract officer or enlisted you must be a citizen

Comment

Yes but if I obtain a green card I can enlist. My application for citizenship is then expedited once I enlist. I talked to a recruiter yesterday and he told me if you enlist you have to wait 2 years before you can go to OCS. It would be much quicker for me to become a seal if I get a contract while enlisted as soon as I get my citizenship. I can become a seal officer later down the road after a few deployments.

Comment

You may have a bit longer road as it will take you longer to get a security clearance, which you must have to be a SEAL or SWCC. Just being a citizen doesn’t grant you a clearance.

Best of luck

Senior

Comment

Working...
              X