Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If I fail BUDs, can I then tryout for SWCC?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I fail BUDs, can I then tryout for SWCC?

Hi, I'm Taylor, currently 15 years old. I am just about to start cross country running at my high school. I really hope to make it into the Naval Academy, and then into the SEAL teams. I know that officers only get one shot at BUDs, is it the same with SWCC? Also, if I fail BUDs as an officer, could I tryout for SWCC? If so, is their like a waiting requirement or anything? Just any information you guys could give me, I would greatly appreciate. Thanks.

Re: If I fail BUDs, can I then tryout for SWCC?

SWCC doesn't have officers of their own because it is such a small community. SWCC detachments are led by a SEAL Commander (O5). I believe that SWCC does have warrant officers. Why are you thinking about failure? If you fail BUD/s you are usually assigned to the needs of the navy then you can apply after 2 years but it is extremely competitive to be selected and that's if your CO will let you go. Best of luck!
    "Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men. Do not pray for tasks equal to your powers. Pray for powers equal to your tasks. Then the doing of your work shall be no miracle. But you shall be a miracle." -Phillips Brooks

Comment

From my understanding. Alot of guys who don't make it past BUDs do join SWCC and E.O.D. But NeverGiveUp is dead on. The navy will place you where they need you. I Believe you have some say where you go. but it really comes down to the need of the Navy.

Comment

https://www.sealswcc.com/forums/show...Being-resolute

Read the whole thing, but definaty take a look at the third paragraph.

Hope this helps.

God bless.

HOOYAH!

Comment

Originally posted by JJones View Post
          https://www.sealswcc.com/forums/show...Being-resolute

Read the whole thing, but definaty take a look at the third paragraph.

Hope this helps.

God bless.

HOOYAH!
          I definitely agree. Don't even think that you're going to fail, but at the same time realize how many DO fail. Failure cannot come into your mind. You're so young that you have a huge amount of time to train before you can even enlist. Train hard every day and when the time comes you'll be ready.

Comment

Working...
          X