Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying For Upcoming OCS / SEAL Billet

Hey guys,

I'm currently a senior in college and am preparing my package to apply for OCS with a SEAL contract in the upcoming application period (January 2018). Is anybody else going through the same process? I'd love to talk with others looking to do the same and see what you guys are doing / how its going!

I am not a senior, but I'd recommend getting "Breaking BUD/S" by D.H Xavier, it has a good chunk of talking about preparing your OCS package, preparing for OCS, telling yo what is at OCS, as well as talking about BUD/S. I think it's only like 17 dollars, which is definitely worth the info you get from it.
    "Discipline Equals Freedom" - John "Jocko" Willink

Comment

Will do, thanks for the recommendation. I've seen some other guys talking about it on here so I will pick up a copy soon

Comment

I would contact a recruiter now if you haven't already. Things like the MEPS physical, OAR, and SF-86 are a check in the box that you can complete now. Obviously getting your PST scores competitive should be a priority but they are really just the ticket to the big dance. In my experience the interviews and letters of recommendation are the most time consuming and difficult to coordinate mainly because you are now relying on someone other than yourself. Take some time to sit down and reflect on your answers to common questions that WILL be asked at your interviews, such as;

Why do you want to be a SEAL?
        Would you consider going enlisted in the Teams instead?
        Describe a leadership failure or success.
        What sets you apart from the other candidates?
        What do you want from a future career with the Teams?

That's just a few examples but you get the gist of it.
        Last edited by CBEE; 04-03-2017, 10:55 AM.

Comment

gsmith35,

Feel free to reach out to me with any questions regarding the NSW officer application process.
          I can be reached at Andrew@sealswcc.com

Comment

Working...
          X