Announcement

Collapse

Official Podcast Now Posted!

The Official Navy SEAL & SWCC podcast, "The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday", is now posted in the Downloads section [https://www.sealswcc.com/navy-seal-podcast.html]. Hear from real, active duty Navy SEALs, SWCC, and key support staff from NSW as they talk training, requirements, ethos, and more. Hooyah!
See more
See less

STA-21 for Navy SEALs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STA-21 for Navy SEALs?

I'm currently enlisted and having trouble getting out of my undermanned rate. I've been looking at STA-21 but understand that to do the Special Warfare option I already need to be a SEAL. But the program instruction makes it seem otherwise.. it looks like for some reason if I choose the core option (where you can pick whatever job you want) I have the option to choose SEAL or EOD. Obviously I doubt it works like that, but the instruction makes it seem otherwise. Just wondering if any of you have any more information on it. Thanks!

What is your current rate? Nuke? If you choose something like Nuke as your rate, then I've heard that it is difficult to switch from that because very few people are qualified and they are undermanned... It does work like that. You choose a random rate when you first enlist and once you get qualifying PST numbers and get picked up for the draft, you reclassify to a SEAL contract. But if you choose a undermanned and high qualification rate like Nuke, the Navy will make it difficult for you to switch.

Comment

CTN is my current rate. It's given me some pretty great opportunities but I can't take this desk job stuff any longer, not to mention my personality doesn't clash with most of these guys, because it's a tech rate where apparently the only conversation people can have with each other is about Magic card games.

I've been trying anything I can to get my detailer to give me the okay to put in a package. But apparently they'd rather me get out of the navy than give me a chance at BUD/S. At this point I've exhausted all my options and just have to keep waiting I guess. I have 4 years to pick up a contract before my time comes to get out. Hopefully manning levels get where they need to be to allow a convert-out.

Comment

Working...
      X