Tips keeping calm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips keeping calm

Needing tips on how to keep calm when outside military persons push to see a reaction. Unsure how to put this issue into proper light.

Well you aren't giving much information to go off...
    Considering you're posting in the SEAL Officers section ill just speak from my experience with frmr military Officers. From what I observed anytime we would get into deep conversation they would have a pause before their replies to allow themselves to collect their thoughts. Before you react take sometime to think things through and to even consider what the response would be to what response you dish out.

Also if they are pushing for a reaction then give them one, as David Goggins says, "Taking souls"... give them a response that jars and speaks to their soul in a positive or awakening manner to show that you have the gumption... Not sure if any of that helps.

Elaborate on your situation more with an example maybe for better replies..?
    "Lord, let me not prove unworthy of my brothers."

"Ace Ventura: If you were me, then I'd be you, and I'd use *your* body to get to the top. You can't stop me no matter who you are!"

“Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” - Walt Disney

Comment

So I have to redirect myself from immediate reaction to closed mouth until I have the right words. Examples cannot be shared.

Comment

Sounds about right. If you need a moment to compose yourself then state that you'd like a moment in order to give a well thought out answer, don't just pause for 20 seconds then reply if you catch my drift, they might think you're slow if you do that lol.

I was interested in the Officer route when I was of age to get into USNAcademy. I had a close friend who was active duty NSW and basically interrogated me on why I thought I was ready to "Lead men in to battle, potentially to their deaths". He took me by storm during a pool pt session and played instructor. He reiterated and drilled me on "Why I thought I was capable to lead men in to battle..." - best reply I could give was because I would set the example for them in hopes they'd rally and follow, and that the responsibility of our Teams actions falls on my shoulders and not theirs. He asked a few more pertinent questions but they slip my memory, they certaintly were the right questions to be asked and were asked from experience to test my Why.

IF someone is asking you questions that illicit such an immediate response then speak from your Kokoro - speak from a unified heart and mind and give an answer from the depths of your soul, an answer that is well thought out and heartfelt.
        Hoo-Yah!

P.S Kokoro (Japanese: ?) means "heart; mind; mentality; emotions - or the unification of mind and heart which helps create the Total Man

"Ace Ventura: If you were me, then I'd be you, and I'd use *your* body to get to the top. You can't stop me no matter who you are!"

“Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” - Walt Disney

Comment

Since another post on here reminds me that the enemy is watching, today I chose to leave the place I was at rather than get potentially drawn into yet another confrontation that tests my career. Gumption I have it yet sometimes (and only sometimes) walking away is a better choice. And where I cannot I will try my best to think out the appropriate words in response to the situation.

Comment

Good job on taking the higher ground. Hoo-Yah Glearn!

Also don't tell people you're joining to be a Frogman. Tell them you're going Diver, not that Diver is any less of a rate, after all they existed before the Frogs were even Tadpoles. By not mentioning SEAL it will avoid unnecessary questions or scrutiny. If they fire back with knowledge on the subject you can elaborate, don't let their more than likely uninformed opinion sway you.. Opinions are like %&#holes, we all have one but it doesn't mean it matters.. The majority of common people have small minds and will either bash it or doubt you with your career choices. Let them be common, while you the common man with an uncommon desire goes off to Be Someone Special. If you wanna fly with the eagles, quit hanging and talking with seagulls.

Figure out your Why and do not be swayed from it. Make sure it is a concrete Why and always remind yourself of it daily.

The enemy is always watching, but more importantly... Always be watching for them!

"Be the Spy in YOUR life" - K.C.R

Comment

This is a pre site....Think I need post

Comment

Glearn what?
                edit: nevermind I get it now.
                Last edited by Liz; 1 week ago.

Comment

Sometimes a reach for advise is further than one thinks, and more public than one needs.

Comment

Working...
                  X