Dual Citizens Look Here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual Citizens Look Here

Hello all, this is my first post and it is aimed towards those who are US citizens born abroad and Dual Citizens. This advice is given from experience. I have read posts where people ask if they can go spec war as a dual cit or simply not one at all. This should help clarify questions.

Plainly states...you must be a US citizen to serve in US armed forces. If you happen to be a US citizen but a dual citizen, you *MUST RENOUNCE* your non US Citizenry. This is due to the fact that as an operator you must obtain security clearances, and if you are a citizen of another country you will be viewed as still having military obligationto that country, to cancel that obligation you must renounce citizenry.

Attached is a pdf from DON. You can do what this requests (if you can find the right person) or simply undergo the country of which you wish to renounciate citizenships formal process.

http://www.secnav.navy.mil/dusnp/Sec...s/4U692199.pdf

You can also view the DON security executive websites FAQs to confirm this the same question about dual citi and sec. Clearances is raised

-BearPole
    "Lord, let me not prove unworthy of my brothers."

"Ace Ventura: If you were me, then I'd be you, and I'd use *your* body to get to the top. You can't stop me no matter who you are!"

“Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” - Walt Disney

doesn't apply to me, but good info im sure someone will need it in the future

Comment

Thx you this helped

Comment

Do you have a current link to the attached PDF? Says “Page not found”

Comment

Working...
        X