Prior service Coast Guard aux to seal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prior service Coast Guard aux to seal

First off sorry for how long this post is, I just felt like my situation is weird and needed a full explanation.

I am 18 years old and I just finished high school this past June and I plan on enlisting for the seals after 4 years of college, however in order to graduate high school I had to complete a senior project where I chose the topic and had to give a presentation on my topic, my dad is in the coast guard and he suggested I join the CG auxiliary which is like a volunteer service and do a report on Incident command. Obviously all went well and technicaly I'm still in the CG aux because my dad said it would look good on a resume ( my parents don't know about my intentions for joining the seals ) but I'm worried that this will somehow count as prior service and may hurt my chances of getting a contract. Does anyone know what I should do, I have technicaly been in the aux for 10 months now and as I said I don't plan on talking to a navy recruiter for about 3 years any advice would be apriecated.

Coast guard aux is not prior service. It's kind of like being a volunteer firefighter.

Comment

Great thank you for responding big weight off my shoulders

Comment

Working...
      X