waiver for a criminal offense.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• waiver for a criminal offense.

its been a dream of mine to succeed as a SEAL ever since I was a kid. In 2009 I was convicted of a (C) felony of luring a minor and (C) misdemeanor of invasion of privacy. In 2012 I got my felony dropped to show a misdemeanor as of the original date in 2009. This is in the State of Oregon. I know the military looks at the original charge(s) I was charged with endangering a child. It's a charge that was put in classification of Measure 11 of mandatory minimum sentence. I pleaded out to my convection of the above charges.
    What happened was my friend, who was 18at the time, videotaped his girlfriend, who was 17 at the time, having sexual contact on my laptop without her concent. I was charged with the same thing has him with aid and abed of a crime.
    Im 26, have a college degree, and ready for this next chapter in my life. I know I need a lot of help with getting the door open for anyone too look at me, but seeing if anyone can help or who has been in a similar situation. I also live in Arizona right now if anyone can help me with anything I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,
    Jesse

From what I know about waivers, I think your best bet will be to find a recruiter who's really willing to work with you. I know a kid who wouldn't get put through because he had surgery on a broken wrist, but I also know someone who made it through after having a spinal injury and a broken femur, which is way more serious. I guess you just need to find a really cool recruiter and keep pushing for a waiver. If they tell you there isn't one, it probably just means they don't want to do the paperwork. Now again, I don't know any of this for sure, that's simply the experience I've had. Just keep pushing for it, do whatever you gotta do, and don't quit.

Comment

Thank you for some info. That's the plan one way or another I'll make it.

Comment

Working...
      X